Chapter 190 - United States (5)

Currently, two actors had been confirmed for ‘Leech’. First year rookie Kang Woojin and the veteran actor of 30 years, Sim Han-ho. There was a significant difference in the gravitas between the two actors, an unusual pairing by any standard. Yet, it was precisely this contrast that made it all the more captivating. The gap between the two actors intensified the stimulation, sparking interest.

Consequently, interest amplified.

Whether it was the media, public opinion, or countless unspecified individuals in the entertainment industry. This was likely to be an unprecedented lineup in the history of the Korean entertainment industry. At least, that’s what the veteran actor Sim Han-ho thought.

‘Actors like Kang Woojin don’t come around often.’

Decades. The long years Sim Han-ho had been active. Yet, he had never seen an actor like Kang Woojin. He hadn’t seen his acting in person. However, to exude such energy, impact, and influence within just a year was unprecedented.

Even extending beyond Korea to Japan.

On the other hand, Sim Han-ho was the type to gradually build up his acting skills and filmography. It took about 5 years just for him to become known to the public. Kang Woojin was the complete opposite type. Hence, Sim Han-ho found Kang Woojin deeply intriguing.

With a degree of jealousy as well.

That Kang Woojin and Sim Han-ho would clash in ‘Leech’ would be announced by director Ahn Ga-bok at the ‘Night of Stars’ party today.

Soon, Sim Han-ho spoke in a deep voice, asking director Ahn Ga-bok, who held a faint smile.

“Doing it here would cause a fuss.”

Nodding as if understanding, director Ahn Ga-bok turned his gaze out the window. Dozens of reporters with cameras were visible around the entrance of the ultra-luxury hotel. Additionally, many actors, directors, and officials would be in the banquet hall.

“Yes, it will cause a spectacle.”

“You don’t like noise, do you?”

“As you get older, you prefer tranquility. But if you’re going to throw in firewood, it’s best when it catches fire well, isn’t it?”

“If you’re trying to build a fire.”

“You throw the firewood when the fire is blazing, haha.”

Sim Han-ho crossed his arms, looking at the director with his short white hair for a moment.

“You seem a bit excited, senior.”

“Well. It’s been a long time since I’ve had fun. Isn’t it nice? You and I, we had our times too, though not quite like that kid.”

“…”

“Honestly, it’s an old man’s meddling. But, I’m curious. Just how far that kid will go.”

Muttering, director Ahn Ga-bok turned his gaze to Sim Han-ho sitting on his right, deepening his wrinkled smile.

“A backroom oldie like you would easily be surpassed, wouldn’t you?”

“Your jokes are still sharp.”

“Half joke, half serious. You haven’t seen that kid Kang Woojin’s acting in person yet, have you?”

“…Well, it does make my blood boil for the first time in a while.”

“Good, that’s a very beneficial attitude for a director.”

Sim Han-ho, shrugging his shoulders, changed the subject.