Chapter 185 - Appearance Fee (10)

Upon confirming Kang Woojin’s appearance fee offer, Choi Sung-gun calmly tapped on his mind calculator.

‘150 million, it’s sufficiently high.’

Million-level appearance fees. Though it varies by actor, the fees for S-grade top actors usually range from 200 million to as much as 500 million. Even among top actors, there’s a hierarchy. Of course, top actors like Sim Han-ho receive even more. However, Kang Woojin wasn’t yet at the level of an S-grade top actor. He was catching up quickly, but that was the current situation.

Yet, the appearance fee of 150 million. For an actor just a year into their debut, such a figure was an unattainable dream.

‘Plus, there’s the running guarantee.’

The inclusion of a running guarantee meant treatment was 180 degrees different. It’s an option you’d only see in contracts for top actors. Moreover, for Woojin, this was the second time. ‘Island of the Missing’ had been a unique case, but it had been included nonetheless.

The bigshots who bestowed a running guarantee on a newcomer.

Kang Woojin was the first such case. Soon, Choi Sung-gun stroked his chin.

‘Director Ahn Ga-bok must see Woojin as being close to top-grade.’

Clearly, Director Ahn Ga-bok and the film company rated Kang Woojin very highly. It was quite justified. But Choi Sung-gun wasn’t just going to accept it meekly. It was absurd, but currently, Kang Woojin was closer to being in the stronger position.

In the jungle of the entertainment industry, the one with deeper greed is the subordinate.

“Yes, I’ve confirmed. However, there are a few things I’d like to clarify. Currently, Woojin is proficient not only in foreign languages but also in sign language. Have you considered that aspect? Moreover, you should also consider the acting aspects and the actor’s own ticket power······”

Negotiations had begun. Choi Sung-gun put more strength into his voice than ever before. However, he maintained politeness. He didn’t stray from common sense.

Eventually.

“I look forward to working with you, Director.”

“I’m the one who should be saying that. I look forward to it.”

Kang Woojin’s revised appearance fee was finalized.

– Kang Woojin / Appearance Fee: 200 million / Running Guarantee: Additional 100 won per audience member beyond the break-even point

It was 200 million. A figure that had reached the threshold of the top. Thus, the contract proceeded smoothly, and towards the end, Director Ahn Ga-bok, with a wrinkled smile, opened his mouth.

“Ah, also, we haven’t received confirmation from actor Sim Han-ho yet, and we’re still waiting.”

“Is that so? What are the chances of him joining?”

“Well. We’re pushing for it.”

“Um. I see. I’ll let Woojin know for now.”

The film company’s CEO sitting next to Director Ahn Ga-bok chimed in.

“What does Woojin-ssi say after hearing about Senior Sim Han-ho? Does he feel pressured or anything?”

Choi Sung-gun relayed exactly what he had heard from Kang Woojin.

“No. You don’t have to worry about that part. Woojin said it doesn’t matter to him at all.”

“······It, it doesn’t matter?”