Chapter 34 - Master (6)

“You’re going to see Jung-min’s…performance?”

When PD Song Man-woo asked, Director Kwon Ki-taek replied with a laugh over the phone.

“That’s right. I could simply ask you, PD Song, but I have a personality that needs to see it myself to be satisfied.”

“Do you mean the acting quality when you say ‘performance’?”

“Well, that’s the correct answer. But I’m not just going to look at his acting, I’ll also take a look at the dialogue and atmosphere. It’s been quite a while since I worked with that friend, Ryu Jung-min.”

It wasn’t unusual for a director to visit a set to assess an actor’s current skills. Even a master like Director Kwon Ki-taek did it occasionally. However, PD Song Man-woo found it a bit strange that he was coming to see top actor Ryu Jung-min.

‘Ryu Jung Min is so skilled, there’s no need to check.’

His acting skills had already been proven through numerous works and experiences. Sometimes, actors feel upset about this. So, usually, a casting director secretly checks on top actors. Nevertheless, Director Kwon Ki-taek was making the trip himself.

At this point, PD Song Man-woo vaguely sensed the director’s personality.

‘He’s meticulous, stubborn, and values an actor’s skills more than their name.’

At that moment.

‘Ah.’

The nonchalant face of Kang Woojin flashed across PD Song Man-woo’s mind. He then smiled faintly.

‘If that’s the case, he can’t ignore that odd monster.’

Back to the large salon in Cheongdam-dong, on the 3rd floor

Kang Woojin, reflected in the mirror, looked like a different person. He was upgraded to that extent. Soon, Woojin exclaimed.

Of course, in his mind.

‘Wow- this is insane. Can a person change this much?? This salon is amazing?’

Then, the blond designer began explaining as she touched Woojin’s hair.

“Mr. Woojin, your hair is abundant and your head shape is pretty, so any style will be fine. Today, we went with something neat for your profile photo shoot.”

However, Kang Woojin, whose only salon-specific phrase had been ‘Please trim them’, had her explanation go in one ear and out the other.

In such cases, cynicism is best.

“Yes, that’s good.”

“I pressed down with a down perm because the sides were a bit ambiguous, and the front and top of the hair were like this, you just needed to roughly touch it, you see? If it’s a bit bland, do it like this here. Do you understand?”

“I understand.”

He didn’t. He didn’t understand at all. Either way, the designer focused on Woojin’s voice.

“Oh my, the tone of a rookie’s voice is quite cynical- have you always been like this?”

No, it’s just an act. Kang Woojin once again checked his completed look in the mirror. With neatly cut short hair and slightly lifted bangs revealing his forehead.

‘I thought only magazine models had this kind of hair.’

Upon closer inspection, Kang Woojin smirked inwardly, finding himself not so bad, and the designer untied the cloth around Woojin.