Chapter 12 - Short Film (1)

17th, Monday morning. Kang Woojin’s studio apartment.

While dozens of staff from ‘Profiler Hanryang’ and the entertainment industry were in chaos over the weekend due to the appearance of the unknown actor, the actual protagonist, Kang Woojin, was.

“Hmm-”

completely unaware of this. He was just staring at his laptop with tousled hair and his legs crossed. The time was just past 9 o’clock. What Woojin was checking on his laptop as soon as he woke up was a movie community that his friend Kim Daeyoung had sent a link to a few days ago.

In fact, Kang Woojin had done some searches over the weekend.

Now he was reading the information he had collected. Well, since this community had a lot of trivial information, there was quite a bit about the short film ‘Exorcism’.

However.

“These aren’t all confirmed.”

It was hard to believe that all the information posted on this community was true. These days, there are so many communities, and there’s a lot of nonsense. So Woojin focused on the most reliable posts.

-Movie Information: Title Exorcism (Short Film)/ Blue View Film Company (Independent Specialist)/ Director Shin Dong-chun (unknown)

-News of production confirmation is circulating! It seems almost certain as a theater-acting acquaintance is saying that she is auditioning.

It was the most detailed post, with the highest number of views and comments. However, there wasn’t much information available, and even the common phone number was missing. Well, is this level of satisfaction enough for a community?

Kang Woojin, who was mumbling to himself, moved his cursor.

-Swish.

First, he searched for ‘Exorcism’ and Director Shin Dong-chun on a search site, but there was nothing to be found.

“Then will the movie company show up?”

Next, Woojin searched for the Blue View Film Company. Fortunately, there were search results for this. However, there wasn’t much information here either. Just the location of the film company and an introduction that they specialize in short films.

“Don’t they usually list their phone number??”

There was no number here either, perhaps because the film company was small. Woojin had heard similar things from Kim Daeyoung before. That the reality of independent, short or artistic films is very grim. Anyhow, the result was only the company’s address.

“Hmm- It’s pointless to just sit around. I guess I’ll have to go to the film company.”

The reason Woojin took an interest in the short film ‘Exorcism’, despite his confirmed involvement in ‘Profiler Hanryang’, was simple. Not only was the script itself quite interesting, but it also included experiments related to the ‘void space’. While the drama has ratings, ‘Exorcism’ was a short film that wouldn’t even be released.

Yet in the void space, it was marked ‘B-grade’.

-[4/Scenario (Title: Exorcism), B grade]

So, above all his curiosity was the biggest. About the production environment of ‘Exorcism’, a short film, etc. Plus, it was less burdensome because it was a short film.

‘When top actors are interviewed, they all say they started with very small works.’

Woojin faintly recalled an interview of an actor, and it was somewhat close to the right answer. There are actors who become instant or rising stars, but they are like sparks. Their lifespan is short. As evidence, there are many actors who caused a sensation at one time but have now disappeared without a trace.