Chapter 41 - Speed (3)

Director Shin Dong-chun, who was about to call Kang Woojin, hesitated.

“······”

His eyes reddened as he paused. Suddenly, he remembered years of pain and hardship. How much disregard had he endured? How many hellish days had he experienced? However, those damned times were not failures.

He had met Kang Woojin at the edge of a cliff and had finished the film.

So the sight of the editors hugging each other looked beautiful to Director Shin Dong-chun. It was just a short film, but it hadn’t been done hastily. Rather, it took several times more effort.

The fruit of passion and time invested.

Regardless of the weight of the work, the short length, and the commercial aspects, they had the right to be happy. At this point, one of the editors, with a beaming smile and moist eyes, looked at Director Shin Dong-chun.

“In my opinion, it’s a masterpiece. I think we can really turn the ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ upside down!”

“Of course, that’s why we’ve been working on editing for so long. I’m satisfied. Woojin will feel the same.”

Here, another editor suddenly changed the subject.

“Ah- but I heard that the ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ is changing a bit from this year?”

“Ah, yes. The sponsors have changed, haven’t they?”

“That’s right. The sponsors. When the backers change, usually there are huge changes in the first year.”

“I mean, the ‘Mise-en-scène Short Film Festival’ is kind of a big deal in the short film and art field, so they’re going to invest more money?”

At the question, Director Shin Dong-chun laughed as if it didn’t matter.

“Of course, there will be big changes, but it’s okay. ‘Exorcism’ will definitely attract attention wherever it’s shown.”

“True. The lead actor’s acting was insane.”

The editor laughed and pointed at the monitor.

“Are you going to hold a test screening?”

“Of course we have to. The two main actors are currently filming, so I’m not sure if they can come…”

Director Shin Dong-chun, who was trailing off, picked up his paused cell phone again. Then he thought that Kang Woojin might be shooting, so he switched to Choi Sung-gun.

The connection ring was short.

“Yes, Director Shin.”

Soon, in response to Choi Sung-gun’s voice over the phone, Director Shin spoke firmly.

“CEO Choi, we’ve just finished editing ‘Exorcism’. We can arrange a test screening.”

“······Finally.”

Choi Sung-gun was the representative of the two main actors of ‘Exorcism’ as well as an investor.

“Let’s set it up, set the date right away.”

“Can Woojin and Hye-yeon attend?”

“Hye-yeon is fully busy with shooting, so it might be difficult. Woojin is in the middle of it, so he should be able to.”

This moment was very important to Choi Sung-gun on the other end of the phone as well.

“Anyway, I’ll ask for their opinions first.”