Chapter 16 - Plot twist (1)

‘Why is this square-jawed director suddenly getting teary-eyed?’

Sitting at a window-side seat inside the café, Kang Woojin seemed very composed outwardly. However, he was quite taken aback while looking at Director Shin Dong-chun across him.

‘Did I make a verbal mistake? I didn’t act tough just now.’

Is this guy usually emotionally weak? Kang Woojin’s inner reaction was generally normal. Anyone would react the same way if the person they were conversing with suddenly turned teary-eyed, especially if it’s a man who looks well into his 40s.

‘How should I respond if this guy cries? Should I maintain my cool demeanor? Why is he acting like this in the first place?’

Kang Woojin seriously contemplated while keeping up his tough front. On the other hand, Director Shin Dong-chun said,

“Thank you. Thank… you, Woojin. Truly.”

The atmosphere was getting more sentimental. It was as if they were watching a moving film. His eyes were seriously moistened, as if about to spill tears any second.

At which point did this happen?

Kang Woojin went over the words he said since he arrived at the café. But he didn’t say anything that could be hurtful. In fact, the words ‘affection’ and ‘attachment’ had resonated with Director Shin Dong-chun, but Kang Woojin had no idea about this. Of course, he also didn’t know about the current life of Director Shin Dong-chun.

‘It’s getting worse. Should I stop it?’

Most importantly, Woojin wasn’t so passionate about ‘Exorcism’. The word ‘attachment’ he chose was just the right word he found.

The background was simple.

Recently, other than ‘Profiler Hanryang’, the one he cared about was ‘Exorcism’, so he thought ‘attachment’ would be appropriate. It may seem a bit over the top? Nevertheless, even if he acted tough, he had to respect the other person. The attachment was more about showing off rather than showing interest.

Well, it’s not a lie, is it?

In fact, Woojin was slightly interested in ‘Exorcism’. Wrapping that interest as an ‘attachment’ wouldn’t be a problem for the other party to hear. But why are his eyes getting moist?

Soon, Woojin cleared his throat subtly and opened his mouth.

“Why are you doing this?”

Then, Director Shin Dong-chun, who had just wiped around his eyes,

-Swoosh.

He calmed his emotional heart. It’s not appropriate to show any more disrespect when a man, an actor who is attached to my work, is sitting in front of me.

“······Kang Woojin.”

Then, Director Shin Dong-chun asked Woojin in a slightly trembling voice.

“What part of ‘Exorcism’ did you like… May I ask?”

What part did he like? Kang Woo-jin couldn’t help feeling a bit annoyed, but calming Director Shin Dong-chun’s strange state was a priority. People in the café began to glance around.

‘I don’t know why he’s like this. Praise. Yes, let’s praise him.’

Therefore, Woojin decided to talk about the good points of ‘Exorcism’. Of course, while keeping his solemn tone.

“Firstly, I really liked the detailed psychological changes of the protagonist Kim Ryu-jin. It started off rather gloomy but…”

Woojin continued to calmly recite his praises while checking on Director Shin Dong-chun’s state. Very delicately and meticulously. Director Shin Dong-chun, who wrote the script, wouldn’t be able to feel ‘Exorcism’ firsthand. However, Kang Woojin had completely read through ‘Exorcism’.