Chapter 138 - Counterattack (1)

It was certain. The robotic female voice clearly announced not just one, but two abilities were being given. This slightly startled Kang Woojin.

“Not just one, but two abilities??”

It was unprecedented. Starting from English to Japanese, Sign Language, and even singing ability. Until now, the void space always offered just one gift. But now, it was giving two at once.

“Technique and recipe.”

Honestly, Woojin had high expectations of gaining abilities, and the possibility seemed likely. But two was beyond his expectations. More than anything, the timing was peculiar. Why now? In this situation?

Then, Kang Woojin had an intuition.

“Is the void space evolving?”

It wasn’t certain, but it felt like it. The void space was always unfriendly with no explanations, but judging by the current situation, could it be growing along with Kang Woojin? It’s like those games. As you complete quests, the rewards increase. Maybe the void space worked similarly?

“There haven’t been any quests, though.”

Perhaps, the wider range of abilities was a result of how well Woojin utilized the void space. Well, let’s just understand it that way. After all, comprehending the void space was impossible, right?

Moreover.

“If it’s being offered, so I should just be thankful.”

There was neither need nor way to refuse. Kang Woojin just had to accept it with a smile.

‘Does this mean… gradually I can receive 3, 4, or even 5 gifts in the future?’

A faint sense of expectation exploded. The void space is indeed the best. Even two thumbs up weren’t enough. Simply godlike.

That’s when it happened.

[“Preparing to read ‘Chef’s Technique·Recipe’······”]

[“······Preparation complete. Starting the reading of ‘Chef’s Technique·Recipe’.”]

Following the pleasant female voice, a vast grayness engulfed Kang Woojin. The momentum was terrifying, but Woojin was smiling. However, the sharp pain in his lower abdomen remained.

“Ugh.”

Following that.

-Swish.

Kang Woojin slowly opened his eyes. The space was similar to where he had enhanced his ‘singing ability’. It was endlessly dark like the previous void space. However.

“Ah.”

Quickly, Kang Woojin noticed a difference. He could see it when he turned his head to the left. Normally, Woojin was always alone, but to his left, there was another Kang Woojin. Or, to be more precise.

“A mirror?”

He saw a reflection of Kang Woojin standing. It mimicked everything, from blinking eyes to raising hands, to lifting feet.

‘Because there are two gifts?’

It felt mystical. The feeling of being in a completely dark space with oneself and another self. Right then.

“Here it comes.”

From afar, strange shapes started flying in. Woojin only realized what they were when they got close. Foods. Countless foods were rapidly approaching Kang Woojin’s body and permeating it. Was this the ‘Chef’s Recipe’?