Chapter 122 - Fireworks (2)

A newcomer, not a top actor? The words of Director Kyotaro left the three journalists momentarily dumbfounded.

"..."

"...Eh?"

But Director Kyotaro's nonchalant expression remained unchanged. He wasn't joking. Soon, the journalists exchanged glances, their eyes conversing though their lips remained sealed.

'Is he serious?'

'A newcomer? Even the mere joining of a Korean actor caused such a stir, and now you're saying the lead is a newcomer?'

'Why not a top actor, but a newcomer instead?'

Their confusion was understandable. Suddenly a Korean newcomer was brought into the picture. Why? For what reason? With the names of Director Kyotaro and writer Akari Takikawa, they could have easily brought in top actors. The situation was rife with question marks. One journalist hesitantly asked, clearly finding it hard to believe.

"Di-Director, so, you're saying that the casting of a Korean actor in 'The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger' is confirmed, but it's not a top actor, but a newcomer?"

Director Kyotaro's response was again brief and clear.

"Yes, that's correct."

"And- what about the language issue? Even with practice, there's bound to be some awkwardness."

"There's no problem."

"......May I ask about the process involved?"

"It's difficult to go into details."

"Director, it's rare even in our country for a newcomer to take a leading role. But a newcomer from Korea would be unprecedented. Could you please explain at least a bit-"

"No, the process is too lengthy and prone to misunderstanding, so I'd rather not discuss it."

The journalists furrowed their brows. At this moment, Director Kyotaro cleared his throat and added,

"Hmm- However, both I and the original author, Akari Takikawa, fully agree with this decision."

"The author too?"

"Yes. It's more of a conviction than an agreement. Both the author and I have made this decision after seeing that Korean newcomer actor in person."

"Can you tell us who it is?"

"Not at the moment."

At this point, a hint of dissatisfaction appeared in the journalists' eyes. Regardless, Director Kyotaro continued his speech unwaveringly.

"I'm aware that 'The Eerie Sacrifice of a Stranger' is currently causing a lot of noise. However, the entire production team, including myself, is pouring our heart and soul into making this film."

"Ah- Of course."

"I'd appreciate it if you could add a request for understanding from the public."

After hearing the explanation, the three journalists' eyes lit up. Today's interview was supposed to be a simple schedule, merely asking about the hot issue shaking up Japan recently. They were content with getting any comment, but unexpectedly, they landed a major scoop.

Then, the journalists exchanged awkward smiles, seemingly wrapping up the interview. Of course, Director Kyotaro was satisfied too, as it was all part of his plan.

'Those eyes are screaming 'scoop'. That should be enough.'

Everything was going according to plan.

Later.