Chapter 71 - Many (10)

How much time has passed?

Kang Woojin, who was living in the world of ‘Lee Sang-man’, had suddenly returned to the minivan. Everything around him was the same. The heavy traffic jam, Jang Su-hwan in the driver’s seat, Choi Sung-gun on the phone with someone, and Han Ye-jung looking at her planner. They had no idea where Woo-jin had just been.

Everything was unchanged.

However, Kang Woojin had lived through the reality of ‘Lee Sang-man’ and retained all of his memories. There weren’t any major changes in Woojin’s world, but the imprinted life of his new character became clearer. And this time, it was far from ordinary.

Therefore, Kang Woojin…

“……”

…kept a blank expression and stared blankly into space for a moment. It wasn’t clear what he was looking at. However, it was evident he was focused.

He was trying to rid himself of the lingering essence of the ‘Lee Sang-man’ he had directly experienced.

‘It’s okay, I don’t feel bad.’

He had to use the character ‘Lee Sang-man’ from the script freely. To do that, he had to intensely focus on his sense of self, Kang Woojin.

‘I am the master of all the roles I read, and you are just my tools.’

Though Kang Woojin looked very serious now, he wasn’t putting on an act. Regardless, his past experiences as ‘Kim Ryu-jin’ and ‘Park Dae-ri’ were helpful. After all, they provided a preview of various hellish experiences.

Kang Woojin’s mind was already strong.

The penalty of the void space was intense, but bearable. At least, that’s how Woojin felt. It wasn’t light, but it wasn’t too heavy either. It felt like his usual self, only slightly uncomfortable, but it wasn’t a big deal.

Still,

‘Huuh-‘

He couldn’t help but feel a bit nauseous. He felt like throwing up. While ‘Lee Sang-man’ in the script might have felt pleasure, Woojin felt like he had been sucked into a swamp. An experience he never wanted to relive. A scene he desperately wanted to attribute to acting.

‘I should drink some water.’

The water tasted bad. Perhaps because of the lingering humidity? But this sensation became shorter with repetitive readings (experiences). He had to get used to it.

Kang Woojin then,

-Whoosh.

Lowered his gaze. He looked at the script titled ‘Drug Dealer’ in his hand. To be precise, he was trying to understand the feelings of ‘Lee Sang-man’ he had just experienced. Setting aside everything that was imprinted about Lee Sang-man by the void space, Woojin evaluates him with his own genuine perspective.

This process was similar to the script analysis skills Woojin had mastered.

The content of the script, the life of Lee Sang-man as experienced in the void space, and Woojin’s review. When these three elements combined, his acting reached peak levels, surpassing any other method. The results were already evident in the world.

The character of Park-dae-ri in episodes 3 and 4 of ‘Profiler Hanryang’.

Furthermore,

‘When I go through this process, acting feels several times more enjoyable.’

After completing this process and diving into acting, the pure ‘enjoyment’ multiplies. It’s as if the residual sensations of the imprinted character become more vivid. Kang Woojin was maximizing the ability of the void space in his own unique way. He was evolving further. This was manifested in the vivid quality of his acting.