Chapter 90 - Acceleration (6)

Around Tuesday afternoon, the 16th.

The lobbies of various domestic broadcasters became noisy. They weren’t a quiet place to begin with, but today was particularly bustling. PDs from drama and variety shows seated in the lobby were chatting.

“Have you heard? PD Yoon’s new variety show is supposed to be huge.”

Their topic of conversation was PD Yoon Byung-seon’s new variety show project.

“Rumor has it, it’s going to be a series with more than three parts.”

“Really? Where did you hear that?”

“I heard whispers from the outsourced production companies.”

“Heh, they’re really going big with this, huh?”

And then,

“They secured Kang Woojin as the first guest on such a large-scale project?”

The soaring stock, Kang Woojin, was the main topic. It made sense. Earlier that day, before the news about his leading role in ‘Island of the Missing’ had even cooled down:

『[Exclusive] ‘Entertainment industry titan’ PD Yoon Byung-seon confirms rising star ‘Kang Woojin’ for his variety show』

A huge scoop was thrown into the entertainment world.

It felt like new food sizzling on a hot pan. Regardless of how it was cooked, the combination of Kang Woojin and PD Yoon Byung-seon heated up swiftly.

“Wow, Kang Woojin is truly on the rise, isn’t he? From Director Kwon Ki-taek to now with PD Yoon Byung-seon.”

“It’s insane how much he’s achieved in just a few months after his debut. They’re already calling him ‘one of a kind’ and ‘the first of his kind’, right?”

“When did CEO Choi Sung-gun find such a huge rookie after Hong Hye-yeon? He must be over the moon.”

Due to the immense influence of PD Yoon Byung-seon in the broadcasting world, everyone related to the industry couldn’t stop mentioning Kang Woojin’s name.

“Did you hear Kang Woojin is joining PD Yoon Byung-seon’s project?”

“Yeah, I saw the article. No wonder all my casting offers were getting rejected.”

“Did PD Yoon Byung-seon take a liking to him during ‘Sports Day’? But his rise is indeed abnormal. Which rookie gets more attention than top stars?”

“Rumors say he’s getting a bit arrogant. His nose is up in the air. He’s the top choice for casting, the very top.”

From public broadcasting to cable, and even PD Yoon Byung-seon’s home ground HTBS, the fast-paced industry quickly spread rumors.

And the media?

『’Park Dae-ri’ Kang Woojin’s shocking inclusion in PD Yoon’s new show!』

『[Issue Pick] Monstrous Rookie Kang Woojin, confirmed for PD Yoon Byung-seon’s new show.』

The online reaction was exponentially more explosive.

After the first official article was released, there was non-stop chatter about Kang Woojin throughout the 16th. The timing was impeccable, just when other issues and ‘Island of the Missing’ were starting to fade.

『[Star Photo] How far will Kang Woojin’s momentum go? From Director Kwon Ki-taek’s ‘lead role’ to PD Yoon Byung-seon’s variety show.』

The chatter continued all day on the 16th and as the 17th dawned, the flames of interest hadn’t dimmed. They seemed even more intense than the day before. PD Yoon Byung-seon’s side kept adding fuel to the fire.