Chapter Eighty Nine

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

I was on cloud nine after Fantasia proposed to me. I couldn't stop smiling and staring at my gorgeous ring. This is the perfect Christmas Eve gift. I can't believe that tommorow I'm going to be spending Christmas with her as her fiancée. Before we had even left the premier, #Tarasia was number 1 trending on Twitter. Every blog and gossip outlet known to man was trying to be the first to release the story. I didn't bother to read any comments because I didn't want any negativity to bring me down from my high, but I knew that a media storm would be coming, and we will have to weather it together. We almost couldn't get out of the building because so many reporters and journalists were rushing up to us to get an exclusive scoop on our relationship. It took about 30 minutes for security to get us, our family, and the other cast members out of the building safely. While most of the cast and crew was heading to Oprah's Beverly Hills rental villa for the after party, Fantasia had reserved a table fit to seat at least 15 people at this sky-lounge restaurant called 71Above to celebrate our engagement, accommodating us, her kids, my family, and anyone else who wanted to join us instead of going to the after party. Once me, Fantasia, Danielle, and Tempest were in our limo, Danielle popped a bottle of champagne that spilled uncontrollably over the rim, but we were all too high on happiness to care about the mess.

Danielle: My bitches are getting married! Cheers to you hoes finally getting your shit together!

We echoed her cheers and clinked our glasses together, all of us falling back in our seats from laughing at nothing at all. We didn't need a reason to. If someone would have told me two months ago- hell, two years ago- that I would have been this happy, I would have never believed them. It feels so good to not have to hide anything anymore. We can love each other out loud now that we're not living in secrecy anymore. I don't know how I should feel about the fact that I'm going to be in the same room as my mom tonight after not talking to her for months and saying that she was dead to me, but I'm engaged and tommorow is the first Christmas that I get to spend with Fantasia and her kids, so I'm not going to let anything kill my spirit.

Taraji: Did you know that she was going to propose?

Danielle: Hell yeah I knew! Who do you think helped her pick the ring?

Taraji: Awww, I love you guys so much. I'm so lucky to have the both of you.

Fantasia: This thing is for life. We're riding till the wheels fall off, and even when they fall off, we'll get new tires.

Danielle: I love when you say corny shit like that. Group hug!

Danielle wrapped her arms around the both of us, squeezing the life out of us. I pulled Tempest into our circle and put an arm around her so that she wouldn't feel left out. It warms my heart to think about how close we've gotten. It feels like the 25 years that we didn't know each other never even existed because of how well we clique. She helps a lot with cooking and cleaning, but she still hasn't found a job yet. I'm not going to bring it up right now because the mood is so light and jovial, but sooner than later I'm going to have to have a talk with her about her employment status, or rather the lack-thereof. However, tonight is all about the good things happening and none of the bad. I'm almost overwhelmed with how many blessings are falling upon me. I went through the worst kinds of things to get here. I deserve all this happiness.