Chapter Nine

Danielle's POV

Danielle's POV

About 15 minutes after Fantasia left, Taraji came downstairs. Her body language was tense and rigid, as if she was upset about something that she couldn't talk about. She started taking pots and pans out of her kitchen cabinets, not saying a word to me. Her unexplainable behavior is giving me even more reason to believe that something went down between her and Tasia while I wasn't around. Why else would Fantasia have left so abruptly?

Danielle: Hey, T. Um Fantasia just left. Did something happen between you guys? I've known her for a bit, and she seemed really off.

Taraji: Her baby got sick, so she had to leave. It's not a big deal. Now I can have more one-on-one time with you.

Her answer didn't satisfy me at all. One of these hoes is lying. Why would Fantasia tell me to tell Taraji that she left if Taraji supposedly already knows why she left? And why would Fantasia need to tell her sorry if her baby truly did get sick? I don't like being lied to, especially not by one woman that I call a friend, and another woman that I'm trying to build a friendship with. Although, knowing Fantasia the way that I do, she rarely ever lies unless there's a really good reason for her to do. I'm still getting to know Taraji, but she's been so authentic and sincere that I can't see her lying to me for no reason. I just hope that whatever is going on doesn't negatively impact our working relationship and potentially destroy the chance of us all having personal relationships with each other.

Taraji: I'm cooking breakfast for us. You're gonna love my plant-based pancakes.

Danielle: Do you want some help? I don't mind helping.

Taraji: Don't be silly, you're my guest.

Danielle: But you've been such a gracious host. The least I can do is help wash the dishes or something.

I joined her in the kitchen before she could further protest. I still find it hard to believe that I'm just in Taraji P.Henson's house witnessing pieces of her everyday life. I'm doing everything in my power not to make it a big deal, because I don't want her to feel like I'm just here for Taraji the actress, and not Taraji the person. The same way I want people to see me as Danielle and not just Taystee from OITNB.

Danielle: This is really out of the blue and I know you probably get tired of people asking you this, but-

Taraji: You want to know why I started acting, don't you?

Danielle: Yes, please. I just love to hear other actors talk about the first time they felt that spark. Did you get chills? Did a lightbulb go off in your head?