Chapter Ten

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

I had just left a meeting with the director of Essence Magazine to set up a photoshoot to promote my haircare line. TPH truly has become my baby, and I want to nurture it the way that I have my acting career. It's important to me that I give it just as much attention and care as I would a tv show or a movie role, because it's reaching an audience of women that my acting can't. Walking through the parking garage to my car, I was startled to find Fantasia there. She had a bouquet of flowers in her arms. At this point, it seems like she's going to give me more flowers than my ex did.

Taraji: Tasia, what are you doing here?

Fantasia: I may or may not have checked your location on Instagram. I got these roses for you. You can put them next to your tulips, although the colors may clash.

Her leg was bouncing and her eyes looked everywhere but at me. She's nervous. I know why she's here, and I've already forgiven her. I'm nervous, too. As sweet and endearing as she is, she unsettles me. She sees right through me, yet she barely knows me. It's unnerving.

Fantasia: I'll probably be giving you your flowers for the rest of your life. You deserve them. I'm not the best at expressing myself, especially when I have to do it in front of someone that I hurt, but I'm really good at singing my feelings. I wrote a song for you.

Taraji: Tai, you don't have to-

Fantasia: Yes, I do. You're standing here trying to hear me out, and I just hope that what I have to say is worth you listening to.

Taraji: You're always worth listening to.

I blushed and hid my face in my hands as she began to serenade me. It could have been mistaken for romantic, especially when considering the roses, but it just felt true, like she had no ulterior motive. Like her only motive was to strengthen our budding friendship and earn my forgiveness. It's already hers. She kept the lyrics lighthearted, but it was enough to make me forget everything and put a smile on my face.

Raji, I am so sorry

Please forgive me

For being so bitchy

I am so lucky

To know Taraji

If you forgive me

I'll let you touch my wee wee

Her voice was giving me chills all over my body until that last line. I started laughing so hard that tears began to come out of my eyes. Fantasia joined in, holding onto me as our laughs echoed throughout the parking garage. I didn't even think about her hands being so low on my waist, damn near touching my area. It just felt so natural and innocent that it didn't bother me.

Taraji:*laughing* You don't even have a wee wee.

Fantasia: True, but if I did, I would let you touch it.

Taraji: You promise?

I looked into her eyes and she laughed all over again, making me break out into another fit of uncontrollable giggling. I can tell that we're really getting close now because I'm starting to play into her funny, flirty banter. My other female friends flirt with me all the time. We smack each other's asses and everything. It's perfectly normal, nothing to think too much about. I have to admit that it feels a little different with Fantasia, but I'll never tell her to her face. The song she sang for me is probably going to be stuck in my head all day long.

Taraji: Thank you for the flowers and the song. The people in my life who wronged me never tried to do much to apologize for it, so this is special to me.

Fantasia: You deserve to feel special all the time, Raj.

I sucked in a deep breath, my eyes flitting to the ceiling. Everything suddenly felt so serious. Maybe it was the way her voice dropped down half an octave when she called me Raj. I don't know what it is, but it's taking all the air out of this parking garage and making me feel lightheaded.

Taraji: So um what are you about to do?

Fantasia: The hubby signed us up for a chocolate making class, so I need to go home and get ready for that.

Taraji: Oh, that sounds romantic. That's such a cute date idea. I guess that means you won't have time to hang out?

Fantasia:* sighs* No, not today. But in the future, you know I got you boo.

Taraji: I definitely want to hang out again before we start filming.

Fantasia: So do I. We'll make it happen. See you later, baby. Drive safe.

She hugged me and kissed my cheek before we went our separate ways and got into our own cars. As meaningless as a little kiss on the cheek is, I don't think I'll ever entirely get used to her lips touching my skin. They're like pillows stuffed with the softest feathers in the world. As I drove home, I hummed her cute little apology ballad in my head.

Coming up the hill to my house, I almost stopped and rolled backwards because of what I saw sitting on the steps. Today is just full of surprises. I slowly got out of my car and shut the door, keeping myself at a safe distance. I should've just got back into my car and left, but I didn't want to leave him at my house. It was Kelvin. He tried to step off the porch and approach me, but I took a step back.

Kelvin: Taraji-

Taraji: Stay the fuck away from me! Why are you here?! How did you find me?!

Kelvin: Baby, please don't turn me away.

Taraji: I'm not your baby! Have you lost your fucking mind?! You know what, don't even worry about it. I'll let the cops handle your crazy ass.

When I took my phone out of my pocket, he grabbed my arm with a vice grip, making me drop it. I froze in fear, my mind immediately taking me back to the dark times in our relationship. I can't believe that I was going to marry him. Looking at him up close, I realized how terrible he looked. Even worse was the way he smelled. He looks like he hasn't seen a shower or a bed in months. When I imagined seeing him again for the first time after leaving him, I never thought that he would look like this. He tried so hard to destroy me, but it's clear to see that the only person he has destroyed is himself. I don't know why he's here, but he obviously wants something. What does he think I can possibly give him when he's already taken so much from me? Should I turn my back on him or let him in? There's only one right answer, but lately the line between right and wrong has been blurring for me.