Chapter Thirty Nine

Danielle's POV

Danielle's POV

The scene unfolding before my eyes was one of pure chaos and panic. I stood by Fantasia's side, both of us in costume, scanning the room and taking in the spectacle. Everyone was running around like chickens with their heads cut off because we were supposed to be shooting the "Celie's Fancy Pants" musical number, and Taraji was nowhere to be found. Nobody could get in touch with her. Her phone was going to voicemails and she wasn't responding to anybody's texts. Blitz is freaking out because we're losing daylight and wasting money, and Lady O is ready to replace her. I've been getting to know Taraji for awhile now, and in getting to know her, one thing I've learned about her is that she's a stickler for professionalism. She would never pull a no-call, no-show like this unless something really serious came up.

Danielle: Something ahout this doesn't feel right. There's no way that T would just bail on all of us without so much as a text. She's too much of a master at her craft to do something like that.

Fantasia: She's also a master of lies and manipulation. She probably just doesn't want to face me because she knows that she hurt me, so instead of owning her fuck ups, she's running away. I don't care if they recast her. I don't want shit else to do with her.

Danielle: So you were the last one to see her? How was she acting when you saw her? Did anything about her seem off?

Fantasia: I don't know and I don't care. Fuck that bitch.

Fantasia folded her arms across her chest, pouting like a two year-old. I smacked her on the back of her neck, making her jump and glare at me.

Fantasia: What the hell was that for?!

Danielle: I was smacking some sense into your dumb ass! Something bad could have happened to her.

Fantasia: Good. She deserves it.

Danielle:*sighs* You don't mean that, Tasia.

Fantasia: I don't. I'm just hurt. I can't even tell her how hurt I am because she won't answer her phone.

Just as I was about to respond, Oprah walked up to us. She was only looking at Fantasia, and she had this look in her eye as if she was about to accuse her of something.

Oprah: Where is Taraji?

Fantasia: How should I know? I'm just as confused as everybody else here.

Oprah: You spend the most time with her out of the whole cast. You two are really close. You're telling me you have no idea where she could be?