Chapter One Hundred-Two

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

When Fantasia surprised me with dinner on a yacht, I was genuinely surprised and beside myself with disbelief. She's always going above and beyond to make me feel special. I feel like this is her trying to apologize for calling me out of my name and putting her hands on me, because she still hasn't said that she's sorry out of her mouth, but we've never been good with words anyway. I'm hoping that couple's counseling can fix that, but I don't want to talk about our issues right now. I just want to enjoy this beautiful moment and watch the stars with her.

Taraji: This is gorgeous, Tasia. I couldn't have dreamed of a more romantic night. You never cease to amaze me. I feel like I don't do enough for you.

Fantasia: You do more than enough for me, T. My love language is grand gestures and yours is physical touch. It works for us.

Taraji: I feel like it's the other way around, and I've just been doing such a bad job lately of showing it that we've gotten it mixed up. I'm gonna do more to make you feel as special as you make me feel.

I reached across the table and locked my pinkie with hers to seal my promise, kissing our intertwined fingers. I stood up from the table in the middle of the top deck and walked around it, grabbing her hand and pulling her to the edge railing of the boat. I stood behind her and held her waist, looking out at the dark water. The crashing waves reminded me of how our relationship came to be. It was hard and fast, but there was so much beauty and serenity in the rush. Just like the ocean, our love is wild and untamed. There's a lot of salt, but like the sea creatures it gives us life. It's just us and the water right now, and nobody can take that away from us. I could live on this boat with her forever. I kissed her neck and tightened my grip on her waist, laying my head down on her shoulder as she shifted in my arms.

Fantasia: There's a reason why I brought you out here tonight.

Taraji: Because you love me.

Fantasia: I very much do, but that's not the only reason why. We're not alone tonight.

Taraji: What do you mean? Who else is here?

Fantasia: Do you promise not to throw me over board if I tell you?

Taraji: Who else is here with us, Fantasia?

When Tempest came walking up the stairs to the top deck, I wanted to sink the whole damn boat just to see her drown. I can't believe that Fantasia would ambush me like this. I should have known that she had ulterior motives. I'm not ready to face Tempest yet. I honestly planned to never see her again. The scars are still too fresh, and now her presence is causing them to open up and bleed all over again. I can't even storm off because there's no where for me to go. I'm stuck in the middle of the ocean with her and there's nothing I can do about it. I should kill this bitch and whoop Fantasia's ass. Tempest stared down at the wood surface of the deck, too afraid and ashamed to make eye contact with me.