Chapter Seventy Nine

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

I held Danielle's little girl on my lap as we all sat around the table on the Brooks' huge patio deck , feeding her a piece of chicken from my plate even though Danielle had made her a small plate of food of her own. I looked across the table at Taraji who was rocking a sleeping Keziah in her arms. She was all tired out from playing with Freeya. I noticed that Taraji was barely touching her food. Freeya damn near climbed out of my lap and over the table to steal off of Taraji's plate. Taraji smile despite the sadness in her eyes, giving Freeya a piece of the hot dog off of her plate. I wish that I could do something to make her feel better, but her family drama is something that she has to figure out on her own. I of course want to be apart of her family one day, as I want her to be apart of mine, but the most I can do to support her through this difficult time is take her side and protect her boundaries that she has set up between herself and her mother. I held my phone under the table and began to text her, not wanting to open my mouth and kill the jovial mood that the Brooks' had worked so hard to provide.

Fantasia💜: Do you want to leave?

Pretty Mamas 🫦😍: What makes you say that?

Fantasia💜: I know that you're upset. It's ok not to be ok

Pretty Mamas 🫦😍: If I wanted to leave, I would have said that I want to leave

Fantasia💜: Now you have an attitude. If these kids weren't around...

Pretty Mamas 🫦😍: You wouldn't do shit

I looked up at Taraji, biting my lip with a smirk. She was fighting back a smile, looking off to the side as a blush covered her cheeks.

Fantasia💜: I would eat that attitude right out of you and you know it👅🍽️

Pretty Mamas 🫦😍: How would that help me cope with the fact that my mother is a lying ass bitch?

Fantasia💜: Now you're being bipolar and shit because you were just flirting back with me. We can get up from the table right now and go solve your problem. The car isn't parked that far down the driveway👀

Taraji stared at me from under her lashes, stretching her leg out under the table to rub her foot up and down my ankle. She's testing the hell out of me, but I have the answer key. I should get her some toys to make her happy. Toys always make kids happy, but the toys I have in mind for her can't be played with by kids. Danielle looked between the two of us and shook her head with an eye roll, pulling her own phone out and hiding it under the table.