Chapter Thirty Two

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

I knew that after her anxiety attack, Taraji would need something to calm her down and help her relax, so I booked a paint-and-sip class for us. I'm hoping that she sips so much that she'll be too tired to go to the studio with Megan, and she'll want to do nothing but go to bed. I'm just trying to look out for her. She shouldn't be staying out late a studio when she has to wake up and work in the morning. I drove to the class, giving her time to just be still and clear her head. If Kelvin did follow her here, there's no telling what I will do if I see him. This is exactly why she should have gone to the police the first time he popped back up into her life and beat her within an inch of it. The urge to say "I told you so" is strong as hell, but she's already upset enough, and I don't want to be accused of victim blaming. I can't imagine how I would react if Kendall put his hands on me like that and possibly sexually assaulted me, so who am I to tell Taraji how she should react or what she should do? I just don't want her to wait until it's too late. Having been abused before, I know how the mind of an abusive man works. Kelvin is going to keep coming after her knowing that she won't report him to the police, and when she finally gets fed up to fight back, he's going to kill her. That's how it always ends. That's how it almost ended for me. I can't let it end like that for Raj.

Walking inside, holding Taraji's hand, I loved the vibe and the ambience of the building. The golden lights were low, and the wooden tables gave it a rustic-chic look. Paintings, most likely created by consumers, were framed and hanging up on the wood-paneled walls. Smooth R&B music was playing, and everybody looked to be having a good time. I chose a table for us in the back. A woman dressed in all black with Goddess braids came to our table with a tray of champagne flutes in her hand and gave two to us. Our own painting supplies were already set up and laid out in front of our easels. Before the woman walked away, Taraji reached for an extra glass. It's a clear sign as any that she's still shaken up about Kelvin. I hope that I can take her mind off of him. In a friendly way, obviously.

Taraji: It's so cute in here. The vibes are immaculate, but I don't know anything about painting.

Fantasia: Neither do I. You don't have to be Picasso. This is just for fun, and it will help you relax.

Taraji: I don't know if anything can help me, but I'll try.

We picked up our brushes at the same time and began to stroke the canvas. I turned my easel at a slight angle so that she wouldn't be able to see the masterpiece I was creating.

Taraji: I started talking to my therapist again.

Fantasia: What did you say her name was again? Lisa?

Taraji:*rolls eyes* It's Loren, and you know that.

Fantasia: I'm just teasing. What did you talk to her about, if you don't mine me asking?