Chapter One Hundred-Three

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

I carried Freeya on my hip as we walked on Sunset Blvd, Denis trailing slightly behind us. We had already gotten all the decorations we needed from Party Plaza, and now we were trying to find the perfect gift that would show Danielle just how much she's appreciated, admired, and adored. Fantasia had sent money for the gift, so I guess that's her way of contributing. I just know that she's going to write the most beautiful, heartfelt song for Danielle. She deserves nothing less.

Denis: Dani would kill me if she knew where I really was right now. She thinks I'm at work.

Taraji: Thank you for allowing me and Fantasia to do this for her. She's an amazing woman. If I were you, I wouldn't want her anywhere near us.

Denis: I can't lie like I don't worry about her being involved with you guys, because of everything that has transpired in the past, but I can see how sad she is without you two. Y'all have supported her in this industry in ways that I can't, and for that we both will forever be grateful. It will mean a lot to her that you're including me and Freeya in this.

Taraji: I wouldn't want to do it any other way. You know her better than anybody. It's only right that you're apart of this. What do you think we should get her? What would touch her the most?

Freeya: We should get mommy a bouncy castle!

Taraji: Is that for your mommy, or is that for you?

Freeya: Everybody loves bouncy castles.

I chuckled, tickling her under her chin, causing her to let out high-pitched giggles. It feels weird being out with her family knowing that I tried to kiss her, and I actually did kiss her before, but that's not what's important right now. What's important is making Danielle feel like she's the center of the universe. We went into Chanel, Hermes, YSL, Gucci, and Vera Wang, but nothing we saw seemed special enough for Danielle. We had walked around so much that I had to put Freeya down and opt out for holding her hand. We stopped to eat, sitting in a booth in Bossa Nova, a Brazilian cuisine restaurant.

Taraji: What's something that she's always wanted?

Denis: She's been eyeing this 18k white gold David Yurman bracelet for months now, and I've been saving up for it, but I'm still ahout $2,000 short. It's a $7,500 bracelet, but I know that it's too much to ask for.

Taraji: Nothing is too much for Dani. Me and Tasia will spot you the $2,000 that you're missing.

Freeya: I've got $5 in my piggy bank. I can help, too daddy!