Chapter Thirty

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

When I woke up, the only thing I wanted to do was go back to sleep again. Today would be a perfect to day to get out and enjoy the city while I don't have any scenes to shoot, but nothing sounds more appealing than staying in my bed and ordering a bunch of room service. Talking to Dr. Loren last night took a lot out of me mentally, and today I have the opportunity to shut my brain off and give my mind a rest. Just as I was about to turn over and get comfortable again, someone knocked on my door. My only response was a groan, but I guess they took that as an invitation to come inside. Fantasia completely invaded my space, climbing on my bed and sitting on my waist to straddle me. I squinted up at her as she stared down at me with this big goofy smile on her face.

Fantasia: Rise and shine sleeping beauty.

Taraji: How did you get in here?

Fantasia: I gave the man in the lobby free tickets to my next concert so that he would give me a key to your room.

Taraji: Why does everyone have a key to my room? First Dani and now you. What do you want?

Fantasia: I want to be your friend again.

Taraji: What are you talking about?

Fantasia: I'm getting you up out of this bed. Starting with the hour-long session that I scheduled for us in the hotel's spa. It starts at 9:30.

Taraji: It's 9 o'clock right now.

Fantasia: I know, so you better get moving.

I sat up on my elbows, looking into her eyes. She bit her lip, her center pressing down on my stomach as she continued to sit on top of me. Our faces were so close that I could have kissed her, and I wanted to, but Dr. Loren's face was spinning around in my head, following my every move. I don't want to disappoint her or myself. I'm just going to have to practice some self-restraint, but knowing Fantasia the way that I do, I know that she's not going to make it easy on me.

Taraji: I can't get up if you're on top of me.

Fantasia: You could flip me if you wanted to. I believe you can. Come on and try it.

Taraji: Stop playing with me before I kick you out and crawl back under my covers.

She rolled her eyes and smacked her lips, reluctantly rolling off of me and landing beside the spot my body was imprinted in when I slept. I threw on my sweatpants that had been discarded to the floor before I got into bed last night. I could feel Fantasia's eyes on me as I walked into the bathroom. I knew that I wouldn't have time to shower, so I just wiped myself down before brushing my teeth and cleansing my skin. I did a quick beat, forced to keep it natural for the sake of time. I could strangle Fantasia for waking me up at the last minute if she didn't have that stupid pretty smile on her face. I don't know why she's trying to be a real friend to me all of a sudden, but I'm going to try to keep an open mind while also keeping my guard up. I know it sounds impossible, but it's the only choice I have if I don't want to get hurt again. When I walked out of the bathroom, I found Fantasia rummaging through my closet.