Chapter Eight

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

I was confused as hell when I woke up on my living room couch, and I looked over to see Danielle and Fantasia curled up sleeping beside me. None of us made it to our beds. I guess we hit that Don Julio harder than I thought. As gently as I could, I lifted Fantasia's head off of my stomach and I got up, going upstairs to my bedroom. Last night started off rocky, but overall it ended on a good note. The first thought that came to my mind was the things Fantasia said last night about kissing me in the movie. She's so soft spoken for her to be so bold. I don't know what kind of arrangement her and her husband have going on, and I really don't care to know, but it's clear that she has no problem expressing her potential attraction to women and it makes me curious if her husband knows. Perhaps I'm reading too much into things and there is nothing to know.

I turned on my shower, hoping that 15 minutes or so underneath hot water would sober me up a little. I know that I'm not completely drunk, but my head feels hazy. I hope that freshening up gives me enough energy to cook breakfast for Dani and Tasia. I would love to introduce them to my plant-based blueberry pancakes. When I saw the mirror fogging up, I began to strip. Over the sound of the running water, I could just barely make out the sound of the bathroom doorknob jiggling. I covered myself with a towel as Danielle and Fantasia burst through the doorway, laughing loudly at God knows what. It's safe to say that I handled my liquor better than they did.

Danielle:*giggling* Oh shit, we're sorry Taraji. But gah damn you got a nice silhouette under that towel! Vegan food make your ass fat like that?

Taraji: Yes, now please get out!

Fantasia:*laughing* Come on Dani, let's give the woman some privacy.

Danielle stumbled out, still laughing, but Fantasia remained standing at the threshold. Her plump bottom lip was caught between her teeth, and she had this predatory look of lust in her eyes, or maybe it was just the look of a woman who had too many glasses of Don Julio. For some reason, I couldn't open my mouth to dismiss her. I just stared at her staring at me. The pounding of my heart blended with the sound of the running water. I didn't even realize that she had fully stepped into my bathroom and closed the door behind her. I wasn't scared, just anxious. I have no reason to be scared. We're building a friendship.

Fantasia: You're even prettier when you wake up. Fuck, I'm so jealous.

Taraji: You shouldn't be. You're beautiful.

Fantasia: You look like the kind of person who never has bad days. You're just that gorgeous.

Taraji: You're wrong about that. I have a ton of bad days.