Chapter Fourteen

When I woke up at 4 in the morning in my own bed, with no recollection of getting up off of the couch and coming upstairs, I realized that Fantasia had carried me somehow

When I woke up at 4 in the morning in my own bed, with no recollection of getting up off of the couch and coming upstairs, I realized that Fantasia had carried me somehow. Now I don't think of myself to be heavy by any means, but Fantasia and I are pretty much the same size, except she has way more ass to weigh her down. I was kinda disappointed when I discovered that she wasn't laying beside me. I don't know why I thought she would be in my bed when I have guest bedrooms. I knew that I wasn't going to go back to sleep. I was in too much pain to think about sleeping. My entire face hurts. Kelvin really did a number on me this time. He's never targeted my face before. He always wanted to keep me pretty so that nobody would suspect anything. This time, it was like he was trying to destroy my security within myself. I have no idea where he's at now, but I have a sick feeling in my gut that he'll be coming back. I'm not safe here. Am I safe anywhere? If he could find me once, who's to say he won't find me again even if I do leave? I know that I'm an idiot for not calling the police, but I don't want anybody to know what happened to me. I honestly hate that Fantasia knows. I just pray to God that she keeps my secret.

I winced with every tiny movement I made as I got up out of my bed. Everything hurts, but I've been trained by this point to just push through the pain. I don't have any other chance. I just hope that all the swelling on my face goes down, and the bruises on my body heal before shooting for The Color Purple starts. Shug Avery is supposed to be sexy and confident, not beaten down and ugly. If Blitz sees me like this, he'll replace me in a heartbeat, and I wouldn't blame him. As I was walking down the hall, I heard noises coming from one of the guest bedrooms. I softly opened it, peaking my head in. In the sliver of moonlight coming from the slightly drawn curtain, I could see Fantasia tossing and turning. She was whimpering and tears were falling down her face. Whatever nightmare she was having, it had to be pretty scary and intense to make her cry. She was deep into it, because she didn't even hear me walk in and close the door behind me. I approached her carefully, gently tapping her shoulder.

Taraji:*whispering* Tai. Tasia, wake up. You're having a bad dream. Wake up. Tai!

She popped up, looking around wildly in the darkness of the room. She was breathing heavy and I swear I could hear her heart pounding. I turned on the beside lamp, and she let out a big sigh of relief when she saw that it was me. I climbed into the bed beside her, and she immediately slid over to make room for me. I reached my hand out to wipe the tears from her face.

Fantasia: Thanks for snapping me out of that.

Taraji: What were you dreaming about?

Fantasia: It was really fucked up. I dreamt that Kendall was trying to kill me and the kids.

Taraji: Wow, that is scary. Are you ok, now?