Chapter Thirty One

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

Our next stop of the day was Cascade Family Skating Rink. I haven't roller skated since my college days in D.C., but it would be a crime to come to Atlanta and not go to Cascade. Fantasia says that she has never skated a day in her life, so this should be interesting. When I held the door open for her she smiled like a giddy little school girl, making me playfully roll my eyes with a smirk on my face. We purchased our skates and I had to hold her hand while walking out onto the rink so that she wouldn't lose her balance and face-plant in front of everybody.

Fantasia: This was a bad idea. I'm gonna bust my ass.

Taraji:*chuckles* At least you have a lot of cushion to soften the blow. Why did you bring us here if you know you're afraid to skate?

Fantasia: Because I knew that you would have fun doing it, and I have fun when you have fun.

My entire face softened and I smiled a little, kissing her cheek. She lit up like a Christmas tree. In a friendly way, of course. Because we're just friends and we're both totally satisfied with that.

Taraji: Just hold onto me. I won't let you fall, ok. You trust me?

She nodded her head, nervously biting her lip as she looked down at her skates. I had suggested before that she use the walker, but she said that she didn't want to look like a little kid. I skated onto the floor very slowly as she held my waist, her head resting on my shoulder.

Taraji: You better not make me fall putting all your weight on me. If I go down, we both go down.

Fantasia: You calling me big?

Taraji: No, your body is perfect. I'm just saying that you need to loosen up a little. It's the only way you'll start moving on your own. You have to push your body forward with ease. Don't scare yourself. Panicking is how you fall.

I gradually unwrapped her arms from around my waist and grabbed her hand, pulling her to skate beside me. "Distraction" by Kehlani began to play, and listening to the lyrics, I thought that the dj was trying to be funny.

Do me a favor
Pick me up, take me out later
Don't worry about no paper
Cause I got mine stacked up for nights like this
My life can get crazy
I deal with shit on the daily
But baby I'm thinking maybe
We could agree to work it out like this
I need you (you, oh)
To give me your time (give me your time)
I need you (you, oh)
To not wanna be mine oh