Chapter Eighty Two

Taraji's POV

Taraji's POV

Tempest's bail was set at $1,000, but I wouldn't have cared if it was $1,000,000. She's my sister and I'm the only person she has here. I wonder where her mother is. How did she end up here? She sat in silence as I drove us to my house. She had a black eye, and I could no longer just sit there not knowing what happened to her and how she landed herself in jail.

Taraji: Who did that to you? How did you end up in jail?

Tempest: This guy that I was making content with for my OnlyFans got a little carried away.

Taraji: A little? You have a ring around your eye the size of a tire! You are not going back to that hotel.

Tempest: I've already started looking at women's shelters-

Taraji: You're not going to a damn shelter, either. You're staying with me. My only condition is that you stop that OnlyFans shit and get a real job.

Tempest: You're really going to let me stay with you?

Taraji: Just until you get on your feet. You're my sister, and family helps family.

Tempest: Thank you so much, Taraji. I'm so glad that we connected. I've never felt so cared for and supported before in my life. I promise I'll be the most respectful and perfect house guest ever. I'll cook and clean and help with the bills and-

Taraji: Tempest, you don't have to do any of that. My home is your home for as long as you need it to be. I just want you to focus on getting a real job and getting yourself together.

Tempest: Thank you, Taraji.

She leaned over and hugged me tightly, laying her head on my arm. She's only 28 and she's looking for somewhere to belong. Even though I'm extremely upset with my mother and I don't want anything to do with her right now, I can't imagine not having her in my life at all, especially with my father dead and gone. Tempest needs someone to be there for her, and as her big sister, I have to be that someone. I just hope that she doesn't make me regret it. My kindness has been taken for weakness too many times. I just pray that her motives are pure.

When we got to the house, I helped her get settled into the guest bedroom. She doesn't have a whole lot of clothes and personal possessions, but we can take care of that later. I cooked a meal for us while she took a much needed bubble bath upstairs to relax. I want her to feel as comfortable here as possible. I meant it when I said that her home is my home. If I was in her unfortunate situation, I would want someone to reach a helping hand out to me and pull me up to my feet. She seems so genuine and sweet. As long as she doesn't try to make any OF content in my house, I don't see why her living with me will be a problem. This will give us a chance to build the bond that we weren't allowed to have before because of our parents.