Chapter One Hundred-Five

Fantasia's POV

Fantasia's POV

As Taraji pulled up into the driveway of our new home, Dallas and Keziah stared out of the window with gasps of excitement and disbelief falling out of their wide-open mouths. She had barely parked the car before they were jumping out and running up to the door. Seeing how ecstatic and happy they were, I thought that my face would burst because I was smiling so hard. However, my bright smile slowly began to dim as I looked over at Taraji and noticed the apprehensive expression on her face. I hope that she's not having second thoughts about this, especially since it was her idea to buy a house for us. Dr. Bowen was right- with us getting married, it's only natural and right that we live together. She should be just as excited as me and the kids are, but she just seems regretful. I really hope I'm just reading too much into this. I don't want our first day in our new home to be riddled with tension because of misunderstandings and miscommunication. That's how all of our fights get started, and it's time to break that toxic cycle.

Fantasia: What's on your mind, Raj? You're not having second thoughts about this, are you?

Taraji: No, of course not. I'm just feeling a mix of emotions right now, but regret is nowhere in that mix. It's just that I haven't lived with someone for a long time. Even when I shared a home with Kelvin, it felt like I was living alone. It's going to take some adjusting, but I'm ready for this and I'm happy that Dr. Bowen pushed us into moving in together sooner.

Fantasia:*smiles* Well, on that note, let's move into our new home!

We got out of the car and held hands, walking up to the entrance where the kids were still banging on the door because they hadn't figured out yet that Taraji had the key. I laughed at them, shaking my head in amusement. I hate that Zion and Marcell each had to go back to school and miss this, but they'll be back for the wedding.

Keziah: This house is as big as a castle!

Dallas: That's because it is a castle!

Taraji:*chuckles* Well we had to get a house fitting of a prince and princess. I hope it's good enough for you guys.

Dallas: It's perfect, just like you. As the man of the house and YOUR man, I'll split the bills.

Taraji: Oh, really? How generous of you.

Fantasia: Aye boy, quit trying to get at my fiancé.

Dallas: I don't have to try too hard, momma.

I flipped him off and he stuck his tongue out at me, grabbing Taraji's hand. She unlocked the door and we all walked in, Dallas and Keziah breaking away to run around and see everything that there was to see. Looking from floor to ceiling, from wall to wall, I was reminded of how astonished I was by the house's beauty the first time I saw it. I chuckled when I heard Keziah scream, knowing that she was seeing her bedroom and that she was loving it.