Ch.17 - Tales to Tell

A few weeks had gone by since the last Hive sighting... It was clear the Hive were now scouring across the Earth, looking for something that resonated with Light energy which was very concerning to Y/N and Glace.

Hive? Looking to experiment with the Light? Let alone, harvesting Light from Guardians all over again? Something wasn't right about it all.

Y/N only wished he kept a diary or at least something to keep himself track of, a log entry or something... Which got him thinking of starting one.

The last few weeks, each day he'd record a new log entry at the end of each day, starting from the following week when he had encountered the Hive first hand on this Earth, reporting on Taken sightings and Hive sightings, thanks to the new allies he had met on this Earth.

He hoped that this would help in whatever story he and Glace would have to tell Commander and Titan Vanguard  Zavala and Warlock Vanguard Ikora, this Earth withheld mysterious left by the Light alone, but his Ghost still wondered how the Light reached this Earth beyond the naked eye. A mystery that will be solved at some point in the future.

The last few days however have been nothing but scouring the Earth for the Hive, only finding at least two ritual locations which almost ended in casualties from the Heroes' side of things, the Hive proved powerful adversaries for all teams of Heroes, even for Heroes like Superman, Supergirl and those like them.

The Knight Champion of these Hive was nothing but a difficult challenge for them all, even for the Guardian as it was powerful, it even said "he" was holding back as well, he wanted to inspect how powerful his new found worthy foes are, not just the Guardian.

Luckily... This was no Oryx... Or Malok for that matter.

Currently, the Guardian found himself, surrounded by the Teen Titans after he returned to check up on his Kryptonian friend, coming back from investigating an unusual rift of energy that his Ghost picked up within Vancouver Canada, an unknown energy signal which only disappeared once getting closer to inspect it.

No Hive or Taken activity had happened within the last few days, the Justice League were suspicious of it but would inform the Guardian once it had been detected... Too many heroes had almost fallen to these Hive already, since they underestimated them, despite Y/N and Glace warning them.

It seemed the Teen Titans were as smart to listen to Y/N however, they listened before and it saved them from the Taken, now the Hive, especially with Taken assisting the Hive the third time they appeared on radar, this time by a Shard of Light.

"Had I not thanked you for saving my butt back there those days ago?" now part time member of the Teen Titans, Supergirl asked the Guardian, a hint of praise coming from her for her best friend who simply smiled at her.

"Plenty of times, I'm just glad you're okay, it was a close call" Y/N responded with a forced smile, Kara could've been in a critical condition from one of the Hive Wizards accompanying the Hive Champion two days ago.

Kara seemed to not realize he forced the smile, however she could tell there was some relief coming from his words as she playfully nudged him, resulting in resting her head on his shoulder next which took him by surprise, let alone? The entire Titans that sat in the room with the two.

"What?" Kara asked, noticing she was being stared at.

"Nothing..." Cassie shrugged. "It's kinda cute the way you two are sitting" she teased playfully, resulting in the Kryptonian girl breaking out a blush across her cheeks as she jerked herself back up.

"Haha, I suppose it is" Y/N went along with it, not seeming to mind having Kara rest her head on his shoulder as she attempted to hide her face, embarrassed to show her blushing mess of a face.