Ch.24 - Unexpected Ally

A/N: We're now entering the extra chapter stage, a bunch of chapters that I felt were necessary because I felt I'd rushed into the chapter before Infinite Crisis happens, so it'll be through this chapter which is Chapter 24, through to Chapter 28. Not including chapter 26 since that's a very special chapter for those wondering how long it would be until the magic moment happens *wink, wink*

*

The last couple of days since the arrival of the Vex has been nothing but strange and very odd.

The Precursor Vex that had arrived, were behaving quite oddly and it raised major concern between Y/N and Glace, as the Ghost herself hacked within the Vex Network to see why they had arrived.

It appeared that the reasoning for those Vex disrupting and hacking into not only the Justice League's Watchtower but also the Titans Tower and the Outsiders HQ, gaining information about this reality's culture, places, anything they could get their data on to learn more about this Earth in particular.

More specifically?

About the reports of 'the Guardian' helping teams out on missions that required his help to complete them...

At first? It sounded like bad news, but after yesterday with an encounter of a few Vex roaming outside the outskirts of Metropolis?

There was definitely something wrong with how the Vex were behaving.

No hostility...

No sign of assault...

Nothing... It was like they didn't care...

Or did they?

"No hostiles on tracker yet, let's keep moving" Y/N said from the front, hand cannon in hand as the group he took with him, followed behind.

"I could just easily fly us above here, scout out ahead for any of those sentient automatons" Supergirl suggested softly from behind, looking over the shoulder of her boyfriend.

"Bad risk, the Vex have already learned how you all operate, calculated and possibly simulated your every move, they're that intelligent beyond any mortal being, Supergirl" Y/N explained, continuing forward.

"Now that you say that?" the blonde heroine softly spoke after a few seconds of silence. "I'm just gonna do what you tell me from now on for anything like this".

"Really now?" Y/N cocked an eyebrow up. "Anything?".

"What're you... Oh..." The girl suddenly widened her eyes. "That didn't come out right, did it?".

"Nah, I'm messing with ya" he slapped the girl on the arm softly, getting a chuckle out of the gaff. "But, yes... That would be smart".

"Ugh, can you two go without talking for... I dunno? Five minutes?" Grace said from the back, rolling her eyes at the two young love birds.

"It's love, Grace" Boomerang Jr leaned back to Grace. "And it's her first one, let the girl be".

"Oh? So what's up with you and blondie over there then?" Grace cocked an eyebrow up in a questionable manner.

"Nothin" he replied. "We're friends, and I wouldn't want to steal her from him, when I 'av you" he flirted playfully, charming Grace.

"Okay, you're forgiven" Grace smiled at her boyfriend. "Just don't go all soft on the barbie girl there too much".

"I heard that" Supergirl didn't bother looking back at Grace, but her eyes drifted to the side as her head slightly turned to the side as well. "Super-Hearing" she pointed to her ears, pushing a strand of her golden hair that swept like a golden cape behind her.