Ch.30 - The Return

(Y/N's Prelude)

*Inhale... Exhale*

So... Where do I even begin?

Damn... It's been a hell of a ride if I could say that, being flung to another dimension? Ha, yeah... It's been a ride.

So... It all started on Nessus, was trying to find a Guardian, good friend of mine, she disappeared and well... The Big Z issued a fireteam to find her, but I ended up finding her trace first with my Ghost. So there we were, we headed to Nessus, fought some Vex that got in the way, followed the traces, and... It lead us to a secret room the Vex were hiding, or at least we thought they were hiding.

The trace ended up cold, but we investigated what was down under, a secret underground room, and it wasn't made out of any Vex structures, it was almost... Golden-Age like? They were these symbols and scripts on the walls, bookcases, you name it.

By the time we finished investigating, I activated a floor mechanism by accident and it made a portal out of a structure, Ace was in my holster and it cut my holster on accident with my knife, trying to save myself from being sucked into the portal, having lost Ace? I went after the gun.

And then?

Then I ended up somewhere completely different...

My Ghost couldn't contact the Vanguard, our comms were scrambled, out of range... But I could feel the Light, pulsating through me as if I still had it, Glace could feel the same, we weren't sure where the portal had took us. But for damn sure? We were somewhere completely different.

There was no standing city left on Earth, at least that we knew of, the Last City wasn't named the Last City for no reason.

There was scripts detailing what the Pre-Golden Age did look like, at least a few scripts and snippets that we found.

We stood before a statue, gold and all, pictured someone... Someone we'd meet not long after.

Speaking about that?

We weren't the only ones here...

The Taken had followed... And soon the Hive would soon make an appearance.

So I did what Guardians did best?

Wiped the Taken out, they were near a shard that resonated with Light, it was no wonder how we could feel the Light still.

But that wasn't it...

We found...

Some very interesting people that were fighting the Taken, or at least one of them was at the time before the other arrived.

And I kid you not?

These were some colorful people, I'll tell ya. Heroes and Villains? It was a strange place.

Their names? I thought the names were funny...

Heh... Superman? Batman??

But to be honest? They proved me that names aren't for show, it's what defines them.

That's when we both knew? The portal had taken us to a different dimension... Or a different Earth for that matter, it's confusing I know, believe me.

Speaking about those two? They became quick allies of mine, though Superman doesn't exactly agree with my methods at times but he understands what Guardians do.