Ch.33 - Working for the Vanguard

The last few days were nothing but interesting for Supergirl, through Y/N? She met some more interesting people, some Guardians that Y/N knew and got along with, and along with reporting that the two Guardians he found dead, to their respective Fireteams, all mourned their deaths and vowed to avenge them when the time came...

With the Vanguard now fully aware with another reality beyond theirs, another Earth in precise wordings, Ikora reached out to Osiris, hoping he would have an answer, but he came back with nothing, even if it was related to the Vex, but he was currently busy on Mercury, within the Infinite Forest itself at best.

With Kara settling in more further, her presence became well more known, the city's citizens were now fond of Supergirl, the children would ask questions of where she came from, now that the Vanguard announced to the city of Y/N's return and the red caped stranger from another world.

Kara worried for her cousin... For Diana... For everyone on her Earth, but Ikora gave the word to the Kryptonian that she'll be back home to her Earth soon, once a solution to open the bridge from this world to Kara's, was found.

And they believed they might have found something, but it could take time... Especially with what they've found within the underground room discovered on Nessus from all the runes and scripts.

It all was still mysterious, but the Cryptarchs were helping with the process of translating the scripts, but it all speaks in riddles of a key...

The answer laid unknowingly bare, but Ikora insists they'd find something soon... She knows it...

* *

"So... Yer tellin' me, that there's other world's out there?" a man with a thick southern accent, waving a green jade small object like a coin in between his fingers before he flicked it up and caught it with his hand. "And this other world is where she came from? Heh... Interesting, thought the Vanguard were pulling another one of 'em things if ya get what I mean" he spoke with a mischief intent in his tone, thinking about what he could do with this information. "Them rumors were too good to be true after all, even that lunatic of the Nine spoke about it to me, Light and Dark spreading out and brandishing to other realities beyond our eyes... Always thought she was being crazy with her wordings, guess I was wrong".

"Whatever you're thinking, Drifter? I wouldn't do it..." Y/N warned the man with the Haul of a Ship, with many names he went by in his years as a Rogue Lightbearer. "There's people on the other side that might not like your... Well, y'know?"

He runs the competition to the Crucible... Named Gambit, using Taken and enemies of the Last City and pitted them against Guardians in his own arenas, on different destinations throughout Sol, pitting two teams of four against each other, against enemy combatants, with invaders from one member of each time allowed every so often.

Motes of Dark are essential, bank them, summon Taken, bank enough? Summon a Primeval, a huge Taken boss that when killed? The team that summons their Primeval and kills it? Wins the game.

The Drifter is a name he goes by now... Has been that by a for a good while now, a whole century in a way.

 Has been that by a for a good while now, a whole century in a way