Ch.16 - Three Eyes

A soft noise sounded out as the sound of boots hit the floor, the Guardian had transmatted onto the ground upon his ship flying off on its own, controlled by his Ghost as he began to approach the Outsiders, awaiting for his arrival.

He still couldn't believe what Nightwing had told him, they were actually here... Somehow they got here, thinking the Taken could have something to do with it since it is the Ascendant Plane can be a means of travel for them.

But still... He still didn't want to believe it, and if it's true?

This Earth would be in immediate danger...

The Hive were now on this Earth, a sworn and deadly enemy of Humanity.

"There you are, what took you?" Grace uncrossed her arms, seemingly impatient until Y/N had finally arrived.

Y/N ignored her and proceeded on to talk with Nightwing. "Did anything else get picked up from the scanners?" he asked.

"Nope. Just the Light signal and... This" he scooted to the side as did Metamorpho and Captain Boomerang Jr.

The Guardian's eyes widened at what they were examining some Hive substance on the ground, leading up to a cave that Y/N presumed where the Hive were taking refuge in... Probably planning something big and bad.

"This... This is Hive residue" Glace made herself appear as she began scanning the substance on the ground, she wasn't sure how to make of the Hive now appearing on this Earth, let alone, the Hive are something of that as big as a nuisance to deal with.

"And they've already made themselves at home... Great" Y/N sarcastically mentioned, a hateful intent for his foe.

"Someone hates those things" Grace muttered under her breath, though close-by that Y/N could hear her.

"You don't understand" he turned around. "Those 'things' are dangerous, the Taken maybe dangerous like them, but the Hive can be... Unpredictable, not unless we have Eris Morn backing us up".

"Who's that?" Boomer asked.

"A Guardian who hates the Hive as much as I do, well... She's Lightless, lost her Ghost and her fireteam to Crota and his brood on the Moon" he responded, much to everyone's surprise. "A story for another time" he brushed it off as Glace finished scanning.

"What makes you hate them so much? They can't be as bad as the Taken..." Metamorpho seemed unconvinced about it all. "Right?" he looked to see if anyone was on his side about it, Nightwing only gave him a deadpanned look.

"You have no idea, do you? Did you even read the files?" Dick asked as Morpho simply shrugged.

"I'll give you something" Y/N spoke up. "They're nothing but cruel and destructive creatures, they worship the Darkness, performed cruel rituals and have caused nothing but suffering and atrocities to feed their worm, the Great Disaster was one of those atrocities" he gave them a demonstration on what the Hive have done. "Let alone... They've ripped the Light out of Guardians and turned them into crystals and orbs... Is that enough to convince all of you that the Hive are nothing but dangerous?" he looked at everyone who completely nodded their heads in silence, shocked to even know what they're capable of.

"Wait..." Thunder called out. "Did you say... To feed their Worm?" she pointed out.

"Yep... They have Worm larvae inside them, gives them immortality, but they have to kill or do something else to feed them, or the Worm inside them will devour them" he explained as the looks of disgust sprung on almost everyone's face, some gagging at the thought of it.

"I'm detecting some Light traces within that cave... Definitely a Guardian's Ghost, not sure who it is" Glace reported back.

"Wait... We're going in there?" Thunder spoke, sounding a little sceptic. "Are you sure? After what you just told us? I'm not sure if I want to go in there, what if they turn me into a crystal??".

Light of Tomorrow: Destiny x DC Post-Crisis/New Earth Universe - Y/N-Verseजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें