Ch.25 - Network Issues

"Can you see Glace's feed, anyone?" Y/N talked into his communicator, outside a gateway belonging to the Sol Consensus Vex, where Praedyth was currently running diagnostics with his Ghost.

"Yep, we can see" Supergirl replied, originally wanted to go with him for... Her own reasons, knowing Y/N had to go alone with his Ghost as the destination was too dangerous for non-Guardians to enter, it didn't sit quite well with her.

But... Y/N being the comforting person he's come to known for Kara, he reassured her, but he could tell something wasn't exactly right with Kara, judging by her looks, she looked pale almost which she insisted she was "fine" in short words.

"We all can, you sure you trust him, Y/N?" Nightwing bothered to ask the Guardian's trust in Praedyth, a Warlock that was once said to be a myth, in reality? He was originally erased, locked in Vex captivity within the Vault of Glass with many years going by, never to be heard from again...

Until his messages broke out of the Vault during a Taken Incursion with The Taken King making his appearance known to the Sol System...

"I do, Praedyth is a Guardian, a Warlock at best. Warlock's are known for their uh... Charisma, ask Ikora whenever you meet her".

"Ikora?"

"Long story" Y/N brushed the Flying Grayson's question off, stepping up to the portal as Praedyth took a few steps back.

"Alright" he started. "The portal is ready, this should take you to the Vex Net, the Sol Consensus's Vex Network, a pocket dimension you could call it" he explained the reasons for the portal in more detail, rather than earlier.

"You sure about this, Praedyth? Not that I'm doubting you, though some backup could be nice" Y/N questioned.

"Coming from the Guardian who's slain Gods at the Black Garden? Killed Atheon who was behind the Vault of Glass and slayer of many Gods and Goddesses afterwards? I'm sure you'll be fine" Praedyth made a good point nonetheless, if it were up to him? He'd go with him, but he couldn't.

Someone has to keep an eye on the portal, in case it ever broke down, though the Vex Technology of the Sol Consensus was more advanced than the Vex Tech, the Guardians knew about these days.

"We'll monitor your progress once you step in" Praedyth continued, the portal activating with a Vex Gatelord present, standing by the portal upon Praedyth's orders. "Hopefully you can find the source of the uh... Issue within the Vex Network of the Sol Consensus".

"Well, some good luck would be nice" Glace exclaimed.

"Good luck!" the overconfident voice of Kara Zor-El blared out of the comms. "Oh! One more thing before you go in" she then spoke before Y/N felt a gush of wind at his side, feeling a pair of lips on his cheek. "For luck" the cheeky voice of Kara continued beside him, giving him a smile.

"Heh, thanks Angel" Y/N's face heated up a little shade of red as a response to the cheeky kiss, Kara planted on his face, a gentle little peck which felt like a flower, a good feeling nonetheless as he returned her smile.

"Good luck from all of us, though we'll all be watching" Nightwing issued his vow of luck to the Guardian and his Ghost, observing through the screen with Kara returning soon after in a blur of red and blue.

"Best of luck, Guardian" Praedyth issued his vows, scooting out the way for Y/N to step forward to the portal, with the Warlock making his way back to the monitoring room where the Outsiders and Supergirl, resided within.

"So... Not the first time we're heading into unknown territory, here's hoping we don't get shot at, once we step through" Glace spoke before disappearing, her voice now within Y/N's head.