Ch.9 - A New Hero Rises

Kara stood in front of the statue of her second friend, Lyla Michaels aka Harbinger, who died protecting her from the Furies of Apokolips, hands clasped shyly together in front of her as she looked up at the statue of her fallen friend.

Meanwhile, The Trinity and the Guardian alongside his Ghost, stood by and watched.

"You sure it's a good idea?" Batman explicitly asked the Man of Steel, who stood by.

"It feels right" Superman responded, giving off a hinted smile as Batman looks at him, still with the unemotional look on his face. "What? Can't let it rest, can you?".

"Knock it off you two" Diana gave a smile as she watched Kara approach the statue a little more.

Y/N could feel a sense of guilt in his thoughts, if there had not been a Trace of Light on the island which gave him a new Solar Super, Lyla probably would've been thriving right now.

Now he sees the statue of Lyla Michaels, a formidable warrior who could see past and future events, a gifted ability, to now Kara Zor-El is standing before the statue of her second friend. 

"Lyla, I'm going to miss you more than you can even imagine" Kara started off

"Lyla, I'm going to miss you more than you can even imagine" Kara started off. "You were my second friend here on Earth, and you accepted me without question. Maybe because of you as Harbinger maybe saw something in me worthwhile. Now all I have to do is find that thing" she continued her speech toward the statue of her friend, looking up at it with the feeling of her eyes beginning to liquefy at the brim as the wind hit her face softly as if Lyla responded to her, Kara closed her eyes as a tear escaped her eye. "I'll try not to disappoint you" she lastly finished her speech by wiping her eyes with a smile growing on her face.

The girl looked back at the group behind her as she pushed a strand of her golden hair behind her left ear before she began to walk back, firstly to speak to Diana.

"Diana, I can't thank you enough" Kara shared her gratitude to the Amazonian, going over to hug the one who had helped her maintain her powers better.

Wonder Woman embraced the girl in a sisterly hug. "You will always have a home here" Diana responded with a smile, the hug broke as the two gals separated. 

Kara looked over to Batman by approaching him next. "Alura".

Batman looked at the young girl, confused to why she said a name of someone he didn't know. "What?".

"You once told me if I could remember my mother's name, her name was Alura... Alura In-Ze" Kara continued, which she did the impossible... She made Batman smile and nod his head.

"Y/N" Kara turned to the Guardian, facing him next as she approached him.

"Kara" he smiled at her.

"I wanted to say thank you if I hadn't said it already... For helping me adapt and settle in more smoothly. You're my first friend... One I'm happy to call best friend since Lara" Kara issued her thanks to the Guardian, making his cheeks flush a little pink. "You too Glace".