Ch.8 - Aftermath

Kara felt her eyes beginning to open, a soft little groan escaping from her as her vision began to unblur itself while opening her eyes, first thing she saw... Was Kal-El's face 

he looked down at her with a smile as the sound of birds chirping and singing happily goes on outside.

"Hey" Clark greeted his cousin, seeing her awake once again.

"Kal? A-Am I dreaming?" Kara softly asked, Clark shook his head to say she wasn't. She then hugged her cousin for a few moments before the two broke it. "Where's... Where's Y/N and Glace?".

"Right here" a voice spoke from the shadow, appearing out, revealing Y/N as the shadowy silhouette with the lightness from the room revealing his figure. He walked toward the bed Kara was in, was where she then smile on her face, happy to see her best friend before he could break the unfortunate news. "But... I can't say the same for... Lyla" he broke the news of Lyla's unexpected death as he sat down on the bed with her, preparing for the worst.

"Lyla..." Kara's eyes widened, with her smile disappearing after she spoke her name in complete utter shock, her heart breaking as she then dug the left side of her face into the Guardian's chest, tears brimming at her eyelids.

She made a sudden, whimpering sob, Kal's smile disappeared for a moment, seeing his cousin break down in tears a little, he felt awful for not being there to save her prior to her kidnapping from the Female Furies.

However... He felt conflicted on the way Y/N had dealt with the Female Furies on Apokolips, horrified of how the Guardian had handled them, judging from how he dealt with the Apokoliptian army? He thought the worst for criminals that could be next, but he'd be thinking too far.

For now...

The Guardian wrapped his arms around Kara as Glace appeared with a sudden noise of the transmat, trying to think of something to say but left it at that.

"Hey" he then spoke, Kara pulled back with her eyes closed before she felt the Guardian's gloved finger wipe away at the tears on her face. "You're safe now, with all of us" he informed.

"Between the Mother Box and Amazonian science? You've been given a clean bill of health" Clark added with a brief smile, getting a little chuckle out of Kara.

It was then Kara noticed Y/N's armor looked a little roughed up, dirt, holes and... Blood? But then she looked up to his face, there was some noticeable markings, a bruise and a red mark on his neck that was caused by her...  Or was it her?

"Your neck - -" Kara touched it slightly. "Did I...?".

"Don't worry, I'm fine. It'll go away, you didn't do such thing" he insured he was fine, piping down Kara's worry.

"I remember dreaming... A horrible nightmare" Kara suddenly vented out. "All I wanted to do was get home. I did... Terrible things" she looked away for a moment, thinking back to her nightmare.

"Darkseid lives for manipulation. He has hypnotists, scientists and sadists... Who's only functions are to break your spirit... If Y/N hadn't gotten to you in time, we might have been too late" Clark explained Darkseid's motives, the one responsible for Kara's kidnapping. "Darkseid. Is. Evil".

"But... Did he influence me?" Kara pondered to the two. "Or just bring up a darkness that's living inside me?".

"It's highly or lowly probable but I'm not even sure since you've never been in contact around the Darkness before, if we're talking Paracausal forces.

"However, you're here, with me, Y/N and his Ghost, you're okay and safe" Clark reassured his cousin before they hugged.

"Thank you, Kal" Kara sighed softly, a breath of relief in most cases.