Ch.7 - A Guardian's Wrath

It didn't take long until the Trinity found the dead body of a brutalized Stompa and the unfortunate finding of Lyla to which Batman found the bodies first upon disappearing off in the midst of battle.

With Lyla being the Harbinger, her orb showed her pasts and futures that could possibly happen if not prevented, with Superman and Wonder Woman finding Batman inspecting Lyla left at the water where Kara once was, the orb there showed where Kara was captured...

She was on Apokolips, Stompa's deceased corpse confirmed their suspicions. Darkseid is responsible for Kara's sudden kidnapping, the Doomsday Cloned army was a diversion.

But one other problem came to fruition...

Where was Y/N and Glace?

Batman had theorized that the Guardian was responsible for killing Stompa and perhaps headed off to Apokolips already, seemingly making the situation way more dire than it already was. Stompa's unexpected death took the group by surprise, 

Clark vowed to get Kara back from Darkseid, with Diana agreeing to come with, soon Batman would have to as well.

But the only way to Apokolips... Was using a Motherbox.

Luckily for them...

They knew the right person to ask a favor to travel to their destination...

* *

"When I said you could drop in anytime, this isn't quite like I pictured" a tall woman with black hair, currently bound by the towel wrapped around her hair to dry, wearing a red towel to conceal her body.

"Hello Barda" Diana responded, wielding her shield with Superman standing beside her at the door.

"Diana" Barda greeted back. "You didn't leave an invisible jet in the driveway now, did you?" she peaked her head out the door to look both ways.

"We need to talk" Superman got straight to it and walked on in, with Barda moving out of his way.

"Can I get dressed first?"

Diana soon followed, leaving Barda to look at the countless civvies within the neighborhood who stared at her in shock. A woman? Being visited by Superman and Wonder Woman? Who would've thought?

Barda soon shut the door, soon seeing another guest who arrived without notice, surprising her.

"You were Captain of Darkseid's Underguard" Batman, mysteriously appeared, reflected to Barda about her past.

"I defected" she informed the Bat, walking up to the living room while removing the towel on her hair, letting it flow down. "Was it easy? No. But for the first time? I'm free, in this..." she stopped at the moment of two nosey neighbors looking in through the window on the opposite side of their fence. Barda walked over and soon shut the blinds on the window to give herself and the Trinity privacy before sitting on the couch. "This nice, quiet... Boring little life... It's all mine and my Husband's" she smirked.