Ch.21 - Strange Terrain

Currently in Earth's orbit, Y/N sat in his Javelin, after going on a patrol around New York and a few other cities on Earth. Now writing in his journal book that he had kept with him for a while.

Since he had arrived to this Earth, he had been keeping track of the days and months he's been stuck on this Earth, now currently?

It's only been seven months now...

While he kept writing, Glace kept an eye out on any comms chatter that required their help, even tuning into comms channels they hadn't had access too... Pre-Golden Age like tech was easy to hack into... Even the World's Greatest Detective's Bat-Computer was easy to hack into for Glace.

However... This morning was rather peaceful, not much trouble to stop or prevent, no reports from any sources detailing the Hive and/or Taken, which their presence alone or any mention of them was kept out of any public eyes and ears to prevent panic and chaos due to new invaders on Earth, from a completely different dystopian universe of Light and Dark, clashing with war at one another.

"Glace" Y/N perked up at his Ghost. "Any news?" he asked kindly.

"Nothing yet" the kind Ghost chirped her response, as a sigh escaped.

"Hmm... Seems to be a lot more bland these last few days, think the victory over the Hive and Taken must've struck a blow".

"I doubt it" Glace interjected. "There weren't many Hive or Taken within those defenses within that monument in the country, Scotland" she pointed out.

"That still bothers me too" Y/N agreed. "Why most of the defense outside? But not much within the inside?" he scratched his chin with the pen, Kara had given him after he lost his a few days ago.

"Hmm" the Ghost hummed" Guess we'll find out soon enough".

Y/N nodded in agreement before continuing to write in his journal, finishing off the sentence of his new found... Emotionally attached person he's came to have been close with, that being Supergirl, Kara Zor-El.

"Even writing that into your journal?" Glace questioned.

"Of course... How else would I have anyone believe me about this Earth when I get back home" he deadpanned before writing again.

"You do realize that when we do get back home... You'll be leaving her behind too, right?" Glace spoke truthfully, Y/N suddenly felt his heart sink thinking about it.

In truth? In the last two days since Kara confessed her feelings for him, the two were nothing but almost inseparable, Y/N who finally got some sleep after a few weeks, was woken up yesterday by Kara straddling him with her goofy smile, before saying 'good morning handsome' as he'd feel her peck his cheek for the first time since all those months ago.

It was questioned when the kiss would be lip to lip contact, but Supergirl made sure that it wouldn't happen just yet, not until the perfect moment... Whenever that would be since she took Kal's advice on taking it slow, eventually it will happen.

He knew Kara was happy and jolly about the date on the Friday coming up, usually she isn't this confident about something, it was rare to see her this confident for a change and in return? It made Y/N happy... Although he felt nervous about it.

"Yeah..." Y/N admits with a saddened expression. "But I just hope something can be worked out, to establish communication between our world and hers".

"You think the League would allow it?" Glace asked a good question, sprouting out the saddened expression on Y/N's face which turned into a frown.

"It's not their call" he responded gruffly. "It's this Earth's Government that makes the call, this world needs Guardians, it needs us... They don't even know the threat at their doorstep yet because the League wants to keep it a secret".