Ch.13 - Seeing Double

Watchtower South Sector Lab, Earth's Moon

"Okay... Now I see why Flash called us up here" Y/N spoke out loudly, his eyes focused on the shard that was glowing with Light energy flowing around it.

"You're here, excellent! I was worried if you weren't going to show" a scientist noticed the presence of the Guardian, in fact it was the only scientist, just wearing a particular two-toned blue spandex suit with his insignia resembling of a beetle.

The scientist is a superhero himself, Blue Beetle aka... Ted Kord.

"Mr Kord I'm assuming, right?" Y/N greeted, he had yet to meet Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, though he had already met Booster Gold, best friend of Ted Kord

"Mr Kord I'm assuming, right?" Y/N greeted, he had yet to meet Ted Kord, the Blue Beetle, though he had already met Booster Gold, best friend of Ted Kord. "I believe we haven't met, yet".

"So we haven't! It's good to meet you and your partner" he greeted the Guardian and his Ghost. "I gotta say, the shard, the League pulled in recently is unlike anything I've studied before, and I believe it's the source of your own power, too?".

"Quite frankly... Yes" Y/N answered. "As long as Glace here, doesn't die or the Light is being suppressed from her. Through her, I have the Light" he then explained.

"Well, in my short study. This shard has almost an infinite power source, down to the subatomic level, it would make sense judging from your power alone which is giving off massive readings" Ted explained before clearing his throat. "Sorry, I'm just excited to be working on something like this, I know this has nothing to do with why you're here".

"Yeah... I can tell, quite a light show you got, no pun attended" Y/N looked into the room, alone with Ted Kord and Glace.

"Yes, I was running tests on the shard, to see if I could perhaps take a sample to study it further, I have tech back at my lab in Kord Industries that can look into stuff like this, but then... The shard began to illuminate, as if it was trying to fight back or react to something"

"Possibly because we're here?" Glace thought out loudly. " *Garble* Reminds me of when we interacted with the Shard of the Traveler, back during the Red War" Glace interjected, providing a piece of knowledge of something similar. "It seems the shard is reacting in a similar way, and it's Light is radiating off of you, Guardian".

"Something similar happened on Paradise Island, only that it was in the form of a tree" Y/N added in.

"A tree?" Ted sounded more interested, science speaks no bounds. "That is interesting, and considering it's on Paradise Island? I doubt I could examine the tree myself, this calls science wonders" he scratched his chin.

"Next time we find one, I'll let you know. There's bound to be more than just one Tree of Light" Y/N promised.

"You would? Excellent" Ted was happy to hear the Guardian's acknowledgement, for in the name of science. "I do have a question. Could the Light be used as a power source for anything?" he then asked.