Chapter 23 (Patience)

"Stevi and I have girl things to discuss, go away" I wave my hand shooing them away. They all simultaneously groan in objection. "Unless you want to stay and talk about menstrual cycles with us." I say, knowing that will get them to leave.

Stevi and I watch as everyone except Phoenix bolts as fast as possible.

"You really just gonna shoo me away like that?"

"Phoenix! Go! Let me have some one-on-one time with Stevi." I groan.

"Ugh fine." He leans down, planting a kiss on my lips before walking off.

"See! Possessive!" I groan at Stevi.

"Patience, I know you love the man, but him not letting you socialize is very toxic and controlling. I just hope you know what you're doing. She laughs, facepalming herself.

She starts talking about the massive wedding "Bestie, what do you think about a Nightmare Before Christmas Themed Wedding?"

"That's fine, but I gotta tell you something. I don't know about this whole Scott and Dessin situation. I love them, don't get me wrong, but I'm not sure I want to marry them." I run a hand down my face, filling with anxiety about my confession.

I watch as sadness covers Stevi's face. "Bestie, what's wrong? Dessin is an amazing guy, and Scott may have his problems and a horrible past, but they are both great guys. Not to mention, easy on the eyes."

She pulls me into a supportive hug before we sit down, continuing our conversation

"Bestie, you brought me on this trip even though I was being my stubborn self and I can never thank you enough for that, for making both our dreams come true, but you know we don't have long here, I say marry whoever you want to marry, and do what makes you happy." She cries happily.

"I love them both as people, but there are other men I would marry before them." I groan "Like for instance, Noah VanDerBerg, Dominic King, Damon Torrance just to name a few. I haven't had time to really socialize with them and get to know them. If Phoenix is gonna be okay with me marrying other men, then it's gonna be ones that I actually want to marry. If that makes sense."

Stevi sighs "I understand Patience, why don't I have a serious talk with Phoenix, tell him how you have been feeling lately and that you want to socialize, while you explore and find the ones you actually want to marry, but your first stop is to talk with both Scott and Dessin and explain to them why you can't marry them. Is that good with you bestie?"

"Sounds like a plan. Damn this is gonna be a very difficult conversation for me."

We stand, hugging each other before, setting off on our missions

"We will meet back here bestie and talk about wedding plans, and color schemes for our theme of our wedding." I cry.

"Okie dokie. Well I'm gonna go get this over with. We'll meet back here in say, an hour?"

"An hour sounds good, and nothing over that."

"I love you bestie, I wish you luck, and I hope things go smoothly for you." I smile.