Chapter 7 (Patience)

As I slowly start to wake up. I feel strong arms wrapped around me, and someone lightly snoring in my ear. I open my eyes, and see Phoenix fast asleep beside me. I try to slip from his grip, but he tightens his hold on me, making it impossible. So I just nestled closer into him. I sit there and watch him sleep, softly tracing the music staff on his chest. He hums, like it relaxes him, so I keep doing it. I lean my head down and kiss his collarbone. Then I try to wiggle my way out of his arms again. But Phoenix being the stubborn one, he does not let go.
   "Baby, I gotta pee." I whine.
    "Five more minutes." He groans, his voice groggy from sleep.
    "Ugh, fine." I huff.
    I look down at him, and see those perfect blue eyes looking back at me.
   "Good morning, gorgeous!" I smile at him.
   "Good morning, beautiful."
   I lean in to kiss him. And he wraps his arms around me holding me in place.
    "I don't wanna let you go." He sighs.
    "I just have to pee. I'll be right back" I snicker.
    "I mean when this potion wears off."
    "Oh, well I can always come back. The fountain will still be there. I just wish you existed in the real world. I'd marry you in a heartbeat."
    "I'm sure you would." He chuckles.
    I pout. "But Phoenix, you know there's other guys I wanna see."
    "No! Absolutely not! You belong to me, you said so last night!" He huffs.
    "Yes I do. My heart will always belong to you. No matter who else comes into my life, but you know I wanna explore and meet other book guys. But none of them will ever make me feel a fraction of what you do. There's only one Phoenix Walker in the world."
    "Only one Patience in the world too, and damn I don't wanna give her up."
    My eyes glisten at his words.
   "I thought Phoenix Walker doesn't like commitments?"
   "Yeah well, I think I'm falling for you Groupie."
   My heart does a somersault in my chest. There's no way I heard that correctly. "Phoenix…"
    "You don't have to say anything. If you wanna go meet other men,  I'm not stopping you. But just remember one thing. You are mine! This right here," he places his hand flat on my chest directly over my heart, causing me to tremble at his touch. "This belongs to me. And only me. Do you understand me?"
    "I wouldn't have it any other way."
    "I don't know what it is about you, Groupie. But you're changing me. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you."
   "Believe me, if I could, I would. It's my ultimate dream to become Mrs. Phoenix Walker. But I will be back. This isn't goodbye. This is just an 'ill see you soon' I'm not going anywhere."
  "You better not." He growls, pulling me close and capturing my lips. I lose myself in him for a minute. Damn this man knows how to kiss. I'm a puddle at his feet. What Phoenix wants, he gets. No question. He breaks the kiss and places another soft kiss on my collarbone, right on my tattoo, branding me as his.
   Phoenix pulls away and looks at me with need in his eyes. Need for me to stay with him, that look alone makes my knees weak and I almost give in. "Ok Groupie. I think it's best you go now, before I change my mind and lock you away forever."
   I chuckle at him. "Ok Rockstar. I'll see you soon. I promise."
   "I'll hold you to it." He smirks.
   He finally releases his hold on me, and I climb out of bed and get dressed. Unfortunately my panties are no longer usable so I guess I'm freeballing it. I tie my boots back up and give Phoenix one last kiss before I slip out the door and out of the hotel. I pause when I get to the parking lot and look back at the hotel and see Phoenix looking out the window at me. Watching me walk away. I blow a kiss at him and he catches it with his hand.
   Ugh Phoenix. I will always belong to you.
   I continue walking until I get back to the hall of doors. And pause at the fantasy door. Unscrewing the knob and walking inside.