Chapter 10 (Stevi)

I wake up to the sound of laughter, fun and fireworks, before realizing I'm at The Night Court. "Thank you for bringing me here Tamlin, it was a step in the right direction on your part."

"You're welcome, Stevi." Tamlin smiles.

Tamlin sets me down gently and almost instantly, I hear footsteps coming in our direction. "Hello Stevi, Darling!"

looking up, I catch his eyes with mine and I'm immediately frozen in place, suddenly feeling faint, (Where is Patience when you need her, I don't know how to talk to this gorgeous Fae Male) "Hi Daddy Rhys."

Oh god, did I really just say that, he probably didn't want to hear that as we just met.

"Tamlin, what did you do to Stevi? Did you hurt her? I'm gonna kill you!" Rhysand growls with anger.

"Jealousy overcame me when she asked for you. I slammed her into the ground without thinking, I did apologize to her." Tamlin sighs.

Tears well in my eyes as Tamlin and Rhys run towards each other, swords drawn. I can do nothing but watch as I see Tamlin wrestle Rhys and pin him to the ground bringing his sword up to stab Rhys in the chest "Tamlin don't, don't hurt him!" I plea.

"Go Stevi! Get to my house now, I'll be ok I promise." Rhys shouts.

I take off running to Daddy Rhys's house, walking in, I see a beautiful colossal king size bed, the color Midnight Blue, the pillows are the color of the Stars. The walls are the color of the sky on a clear day, such a beautiful blue. "Wow, this place is beautiful." I think to myself.

I hope Rhys was able to get Tamlin under control. I sit on Rhys's bed thinking about a shower when I hear a knock on his door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"It's Rhysand, Stevi Darling. Let me in please."

I smile wide, "Coming." I say

He enters the room as soon as I open the door. Grabbing my hand, he pulls me back towards the bed and sits next to me.

"I wanted to make sure you were ok after earlier. Can I look at your wounds?"

Cauldron almighty, this man is gonna make me jump his bones if he doesn't Stop. I nod my head in approval and he looks me over carefully.

"Are you blushing baby?" Rhys grins.

Needing to fan myself and go cool off in the shower, I ask "Hey Rhys, do you have a phone I can use? I need to call my bestie for a hot minute."

Rhys tilts his head and nods "Yeah, here use mine." He says smiling.

"Thank you so much Rhys, I'll just be a few minutes." I run to the bathroom, turn the light on and shut the door, bedding to speak to her privately, I dial besties number, she answers on the second ring. "Patience, it's Stevi, I need help, I'm with Daddy Rhys and I am making a fool of myself in front of this gorgeous big winged Fae Male, what do I do?" I go silent waiting for her reply.

"Don't stress about it. Just be yourself. At least you're speaking and mobile. Unlike me when I saw Phoenix. But just be yourself. He probably didn't even notice." She says.

"Ok, I've got this I think." I told her.

I hang up on Patience while she's mid sentence. I love that girl but this is a dream come true. I don't want to waste any time. And walk out of the bathroom to find Rhys changing into his boxers, I bite my lip and stare.

"You can't look at me from all the way over there Darling!"

My eyes wide, Oh Cauldron, how did he know I was staring at him?