Chapter 12 (Stevi)

Rhys fell asleep next to me, I lay there awake with his arms wrapped around me. I try to get up but he pulls me back to him. "Ugh, Rhys, baby I have to get dressed."

Half asleep he whines "No, stay in bed baby, we have all the time in the world to explore."

I struggle to get free from him, wanting to try on all the beautiful gifts he bought me.

"Rhys, I would love to wear a beautiful dress, a pair of earrings, and a pair of nice sandals you bought me, but I would need for you to let go of me in order for me to do that." I moan.

"Fine, but I want to take you to our local bookstore today, I have rented it out so you can shop with no one around. No one to grab the last copy of a book you want."

I stop in the middle of pulling my dress on, turning to face him, "I'm sorry, can you repeat that? Did I hear that correctly, Rhys?"

His gaze matches mine as he chuckles, "Yes you heard me right, we are going book shopping today, so grab your book totes and let's go, but finish getting dressed first, you can't walk out of here half dressed."

I finish dressing quickly, wanting to look good for my High Lord, grab my tote bags and we walk out the door, he takes my hand in his as we start our journey to the bookstore.

Arriving at the bookstore, my jaw drops open in a gasp at the size of the place. "Wow, baby, this is every reader's dream, holy crap!"

Rhys pulls me close, leaning in and kissing me passionately. I can feel my lips swell at the force of the kiss. It doesn't take long before he pulls away and leaves me completely breathless.

"I know My Lady, that's why I bought you this bookstore, this place is all yours, and yours alone."

I scream in happiness, jumping up and down, I can barely contain myself.

"You BOUGHT me a bookstore?"I squeal. His only response is a nod of his head, cocking my eyebrow with suspicion at him, "Any stipulations I should know about?"

Rhys smirks "No stipulations baby, the books are free for you to take, no payment." he whispers in my ear.

I take off into the bookstore hearing Rhys laugh behind me but not stopping to ask why, I already know the answer to that question. He loves to make me happy, he will do anything to make me smile.

He follows in behind me watching as I pick out books, stuffing them into my bags.

"Can I carry these for you, my beautiful High Lady?" Rhys stands beside me holding his hand out for the bag. I hand it to him and take off towards more books.

I look over to see him grinning and picking out books for me, He walks over to me "Here babe, you'd love these guys, I heard they make you cry but also that there are sexy scenes in this series."

I Hold out my hand and wait for him to place the books in my hands. Looking down, realization hits hard as I see the entire Flock series in my hands.

"Rhys, how do you know about this series?"

He gives me a wide grin, "I read these books, I love that Dominic guy."

I smile at him "My bestie has actually been begging me to read this entire series, so thank you."

Rhys's face is shocked "Your bestie wants you to read them, why haven't you?"

I scoff "I have been reading some of my other books, I'm a mood reader, sometimes I'm in the mood for one book, sometimes I'm in the mood for a series."

"Well, we are definitely taking these home with us then, you need to keep your word to your best friend." Rhys gives me a stern look and I giggle at his attempt.

facing him, acting in a more serious manner now I ask. "When should we plan the wedding baby?"

Grabbing my face and kissing me gently, "As soon as you're ready to officially be My High Lady, I will make it so."

"Let's talk plans over dinner, babe."

I stand and lean up on my toes so I can reach, kissing him quickly. He takes my hand again and leads me out of the bookstore. "I can't wait to see where you take me to eat."

Rhys chuckles "I can't wait to see you walk down that aisle with your beautiful wedding dress flowing on the ground, you make me the happiest mate in the world."

He lifts me in his arms with ease, flying us to the restaurant. He doesn't set me down until we arrive. He wraps his arm around my waist and pulls me in close as we walk in and wait to be seated.