Chapter 14 (Stevi)

Rhys and I finally get seated at our table, covered in a beautiful white table cloth with lit candles on top. We look at our menus to see what sounds amazing to fill our bellies,

I look up at Rhys and smile, "The steak and potatoes sound good for me Babe, how about you?"

He looks at me with the biggest grin on his face. "Hmmm, I think I'm gonna go with the same, the steak and potatoes sounds amazing baby, what do you want to drink?"

I blush looking down at my drink menu. The mimosa immediately jumped out at me. They're always my go to drink. I look my future husband in the eyes and tell him, "I'm gonna go with a Mimosa, those are my favorite."

"I am gonna go with a red wine." He laughs, meeting my gaze. I can feel the heat in his eyes from across the table.

"Perfect." we say at the same time, just as the waiter approaches our table. "Hello, how are we doing this evening?

"We are doing well and you?"

"Are we ready to order?" The waiter smiles down at us holding his ticket pad.

Rhys and I both order the same entree with a mimosa, a red wine and two waters. The waiter nods his head, "Alright, your drinks should be out shortly, and your food shouldn't take long either."

Thank you, we tell the waiter before sitting back and enjoying each other's company. Gazing at each other across the romantic, candlelit table.

"Rhys, baby, I need to talk to you about something, nothing bad, it's just I need to meet back up with my bestie Patience to talk about our adventures and what we have been up to."

Rhys looks at me concern filling his eyes first and his voice next,

" Are you just meeting up with her or will your other mates be there too?" Jealousy drips from his tone.

I gasp *Does he not trust me?*

"Yes I am just meeting up with her, Rhys, do you not trust me?"

"Baby it's not that I don't trust you, I don't trust your other two mates." he says sternly.

Feeling like I'm betraying him somehow, I place my hands in my lap and look down at them. Twirling my fingers together before I find the courage to look at him again, "That's the other thing I wanted to talk to you about, I want you to meet Dessin and Zade, get to know them."

His eyes widened with fury "Absolutely not, no way, they are dangerous and could hurt you!"

"Oh, come on babe, do this for me, please?" I whine.

He looks at me for a second cocking his eyebrow at me, "Ok, on one condition."

Cocking my eyebrow back at him *two can play at this game* "What's the condition?"

"You have agreed to let Cassian and I train you, that will now be moved up. You will not leave the Night Court until your training is complete. I'm only looking out for my queen.

"Fine, fine you win, ok. You both can train me."

He smiles as our dinner and drinks arrive and we dig into our food like we haven't eaten in a few days, "This is delicious." I say cutting another piece of my medium rare steak.

"It is very delicious, " he declares, looking up from his food, a more serious look now.

"We start training tomorrow, we will train for at least a few days before we meet up with the others. for right now, let's enjoy our lovely dinner date."

I kiss my future winged husband before we clear our plates completely. Now sitting here until our stomachs settle a little bit, we talk for a while. "Are you ready to go home baby?" He asks.

"Yes I am ready to go home" I say yawning. He picks me up and carries me as we take off in flight to head home.