Chapter 8 (Stevi)

Walking in through the fantasy door, I look up and I automatically know what court I am at, The Night Court. Looking around to see if I recognize anyone before I see a figure of a man who looks like Cassian at what looks to be the training grounds, sword training. I get closer and realize it is Cassian, before a stern voice causes me to stop dead in my tracks.

"And just who are you and why are you in this world human?"

My face widens at the recognition of the voice behind me, causing me to feel slightly announced. I turn with a huff, "Excuse me? I don't know why you think you can talk to me like that, Tamlin!"

My eyes lock with his as I place my hands on my hips, "What are you doing here anyway? This isn't your Court!"

He growls in anger "Human, how do you know my name?"

I laugh crazily at Tamlin "First off, my name is Stevi, second off, I read about you and I have a huge problem with you."

"You have a problem with Fae Males?" He scoffs.

Getting tired of his mouth and my anger growing "No, I have a problem with you and only you."

Eyeing that Tamlin is intimidated by me, I walk up to him and jab my finger hard into his chest. "You sir, are an asshole, with the biggest ego ever in the history of Fae Males, no wonder no woman wants you, you control them, gaslight and manipulate them!"

"Don't touch me human!" Tamlin huffs sternly

laughing before I taunt him "Or what Tamlin, what are you gonna do to me?"

"You will regret that, no one, not even humans talk to me that way."

Shock vibrates through me as Tamlin lifts me up from the ground before realization hits me, I know where he is taking me, my eyes widen "Tamlin, put me down this instant (my body shakes in anger) don't you dare take me to The Spring Court, I have allergies, and I don't belong there."

Tamlin laughs wickedly "Poor poor human, you should have listened!"

Carrying me as he flies with ease, he goes to winnow to The Spring Court, I say something that pisses him off "Tamlin, where's Daddy Rhys?"

He stops mid-flight before heading straight to the ground fast, causing me to gasp.

"What did you say to me, human?"

"I said, where's Daddy Rhys?" I scoff.

"What does he have that I don't?" Tamlin growls as he slams me to the ground with brute force.

sitting up slowly, I notice the blood coming from a huge cut. My head is pounding, causing the anger inside me to boil over. "How dare you hurt me Tamlin, throwing me to the ground like that like i'm a piece of garbage, Rhysand is a way better Fae Male than you are, and he always will be, maybe if you learned how to treat a woman right like a queen, then they would come around more."

Holding my cut to stop the bleeding, I get up and brush off the dirt, before starting my journey towards The Night Court "Where do you think you're going? You're injured!"

"I'm going to find Daddy Rhysand, any other questions you want to ask me Tamlin?" I cock a brow at him.

"Do you want a ride? I can winnow us there."

Tilting my head in confusion, because he slammed me into the ground not even five minutes ago, I question his intentions. "Are you really gonna take me to The Night Court Tamlin? Or are you just screwing with my head?"

"Yes, i'm going to winnow you there, to see Rhysand, i'm sorry, you read about me, so you know my anger, will you please forgive me?" Tamlin says with guilt in his voice.

"I don't know if I can forgive you just yet Tamlin, it will take me time to forgive you, but yes i'd love a winnow ride to The Night Court please to see Daddy Rhysand."

Tamlin picks me up, flies off and winnows me to The Night Court, my eyes drift off, knowing it's a long way there.