34. Godling

This game was much closer than Y/N had expected. Rin was surprisingly bad, for all his talk. Or maybe Isagi's team was just too good? In any case, this game shouldn't have become so close.

Did he need to intervene? Probably not. So he still just held his position, not doing much as he observed the field.

They'd changed their position. As soon as Rin kicked off, Chigiri began to pressure them, chasing after whoever had the ball. Under Chigiri's attack, Rin had to pass off, and who was free?

Y/N was marked by Barou and Isagi. Aryu had Nagi near him. So Bachira was free. Rin sent the ball across, and nearly in the same moment, Isagi broke away from Y/N to defend it. He read it?

At the same time, Chigiri was yet against sprinting across the field, pressing Bachira with Isagi and making it a two on one. Rin pushed down the centre of the field, and Y/N just hung around in his own half, keeping Barou with him.

"Can you do something?!" Barou muttered. "I'm not your babysitter."

"Sit?" Y/N nodded cheekily. "Good idea." He nonchalantly sat down on the grass. Barou couldn't leave him unmarked, or else he could get into a perfect position with no challenge. So Barou had to hover near him, keeping an eye on the action all the way at the other end of the pitch.

"Tch." Isagi and Chigiri pressed Bachira more and more. Barou's eyes kept flickering between them and Y/N, who was rocking side to side humming under his breath.

Eventually, he ran away, back to his own half to help his team. Y/N paused, mouth opening slightly in shock at what was going on.

Bachira had just managed to sneak the ball through Isagi and Chigiri to Rin. They'd left a gap, and Bachira had taken the opportunity.

Barou got there just in time to intercept the ball, flying with full momentum into the pass course to steal it away. He began working back up the field, and everyone immediately began yelling.

"If you get past Y/N, you can score!"

"It's just one guy!"

"Go, Barou!"

Y/N noticed Barou sprinting at him, the ball in possession. He rolled his eyes, slowly standing up. "Remember the last time you tried?"

Barou's eyes narrowed, but other than that, he didn't react to Y/N's taunt. He kept forging upfield, his team backing him up and Y/N's team trying to get back. Y/N just stood there, ready to intercept him.

Barou moved one foot slightly to the right. That was all Y/N needed as he accelerated forwards. Even as Barou switched the ball to his other foot, attempting to feint a chop to his right, Y/N didn't care at all.

Faster than anyone would've thought possible, he was past Barou, the ball easily in his possession. "There, Rin!" He hit a perfect pass down the field, towards Rin who had been trying to get back to defend. "Get your goal. Or are you too weak?"

Rin sighed, receiving it. Team White were pretty much already on them, Chigiri miles ahead of everyone else. "Carry it forwards, then."

He passed back to Y/N, who was duly surprised. He began moving forwards, dodging around Chigiri with a simple flick before passing back again. "No, you go score."

"I said, carry it forwards!" Rin literally sidestepped a charge from Barou, yelling at Y/N as he fired off a pass.

Y/N had been trying to get away from Rin to force him to score, but the pass was amazing. It curved around Chigiri, and Y/N took it down with his chest, running forwards a few steps.