29. The Top Three (Part 2)

This time, Y/N was the one to retrieve the ball. He headed over to the goal, picking it up and wandering back to Team White.

He offered it to Bachira with a small smile. "You ain't getting past me." Bachira didn't seem disheartened, even though they were 3-1 down. In fact, he seemed excited, eyes alight as he took the ball back.

"Go to your own team, Y/N. We're gonna have a talk." Isagi waved Y/N off, and the small boy rolled his eyes, walking back to Rin and Aryu.

As expected, neither of them gave him any praise for the goal. Instead, Aryu just nodded solemnly, staring at Team White as they grouped up. Rin scowled, turning away from Y/N and walking away.

Team White took their time talking, grouped up as they discussed what Y/N assumed was a game plan. Though, it was surprising. Nagi had gotten involved for the first time, pale lips moving as he spoke to both Isagi and Bachira.

They restarted the game in the same position. Isagi in the middle, acting as a central point. Nagi matched up against Aryu, and Bachira faced off against Y/N.

As soon as the whistle blew to kickoff, their formation changed. Bachira ran into the middle of the field, Y/N drifting across to follow him. Isagi went out to the flank, drawing out Rin. Bachira ran down the middle of the pitch, dribbling the ball forwards.

Is he not going to pass? When it was clear Bachira didn't want to pass, Y/N jogged forwards, putting pressure on him. He waited for Y/N to get closer, before passing it out to Nagi.

"Ah." Y/N slowed down, watching as Nagi used a delicate touch to pass the ball immediately to Isagi. Aryu couldn't do a thing, caught off guard by the sudden change of pace.

Isagi dove in front of Rin, doing the same thing as Nagi and using a single touch to send the ball back to him. Bachira had darted around Y/N while he was watching them, receiving the ball from Nagi.

Like that, they played a lightning fast game of one-touch soccer, moving the ball constantly so none of Team Red could get a chance at stealing.

With that, they moved up the field gradually, trying to split up Y/N's team even more than they already were, and turn the 3v3 into a series of 3v1s. They managed to work their way up Y/N's half, passing to each other and causing obvious frustration on Aryu's face.

"Now, Bachira!" Isagi darted away from the triangle they'd formed, heading for the goal. Nagi pressed up against Aryu, preventing an interception, and Bachira readied a pass.

It was a good plan, in theory. Isagi, Nagi and Bachira had weaker individual weapons than Y/N, Rin, and Aryu. So with them playing together, isolating each of Team Red's players, it allowed them to have a chance at winning.

But that was only in theory. Rin began running at the same time as Isagi, completely obliterating any chance of a goal. Bachira's eyes narrowed, and instead, he passed the ball to Nagi.

It was a beautiful low pass, with huge amounts of spin that sent it bouncing along the artificial grass. It should've gone perfectly to Nagi, but before it could, Y/N appeared.

One second, he'd been marking Bachira. The next, he'd intercepted the pass somehow, avoiding a surprised Nagi. Y/N grinned teasingly, running towards the goal.

"H-huh?!" Bachira's eyes widened with shock, and he began to run towards Y/N. He was way too slow, though, as the smaller boy skipped past.

He made it look so easy. Running at a speed faster than Bachira's sprint looked like a relaxing walk for him, and when he reached the halfway mark, he took the shot.

The whistle blew, and on the screen, it turned 4-1. Team White was being absolutely crushed.

"It isn't over yet!" Isagi's eyes burning with desperation, he scooped up the ball. Everyone except for Y/N and Rin was breathing heavy, faces slick with sweat.