13. A Familiar Face... (Part 2)

"Okay, what the fuck was that?!"

Raichi was yelling loudly, causing Y/N to screw up his face and cover his ears with annoyance.

After a disastrous rest of the first half, Team Z was walking back out onto the field. Their half time meeting had gone something along the lines of:

"Fuck you, they had possession for all of my time!"

"Please, stick to the plan!"

"Calm down!"

"I'm calm!"

"I want more time at the front!"

"Can I come out of goal please?"

"What do we do?!"

"How do we win?!"

"We just need to score two!"

"That's obvious!"

"Calm down!"

"Shut up!"

Y/N had just lay on one of the benches, humming to himself as he idly played with a water bottle. He was like a bored kid, and even though it pissed most of Team Z off, they couldn't be bothered to try to change his attitude.

He never practised, he didn't seem to take anything seriously, and he was always slacking off and just completely ignoring the enemy team during some of their games.

Kunigami sat next to Y/N, his face serious as usual and eyes closely watching the bored boy. "Y/N."

"Yeeees?" Y/N flipped onto his side, nearly falling off the bench in the process.

"Do you not like soccer?"

Nobody else had noticed Kunigami and Y/N talking, so he answered truthfully. "Soccer is like living to me."

"You haven't tried at all since you came to Bluelock."

"I've never needed to."

After that, Kunigami had left Y/N alone, and even though it had taken a few minutes to calm everyone down, they'd managed it.

Now, as they headed out onto the field, Y/N was once again back to slacking off. He slumped onto the floor near the goal, idly picking at the artificial grass.

Team Y had started with the ball, and seemed more than happy to just pass it around between them.

Y/N yawned contentedly, curling up cat-like as he watched the game play out from afar. Team Z had doubled their efforts to take the ball, running after every single pass and making it difficult for Team Y to think.

When they'd finally managed to get the ball, it was a good few minutes into the game, and by nothing less than a fluke.

Naruhaya tried to slide tackle, failing horribly as he went straight past the other boy.

But the enemy player had gotten spooked, trying to move sideways and getting one foot stuck behind the other. He unceremoniously tripped over, and Gagamaru stole the ball.

Standing near to Y/N, the enemy number 9's eyes narrowed with annoyance. "You just gave them a chance, you idiot!"

Team Z once again pushed up the field, Gagamaru, Kuon, and Isagi trading passes down the left wing. Team Y was scrambling, people trying to steal back the ball while maintaining their defence.

Niko had yet again placed himself in space, nobody near him as he walked down the pitch.

"Here, Isagi!" Kuon passed to the shorter boy, who slowly dribbled it up the field. Y/N almost laughed at how unnatural it looked for him. "Like we practised!"