12. Spoon-Fed Crab

The next few days went by, relatively uneventfully.

Y/N found himself enjoying life at Bluelock. It wasn't nearly as harsh or unforgiving as Ascension had been, and the physical challenges and stress most other people felt did nothing to him.

He spoke a lot with the Team Z members, and for the first time in a while, he genuinely felt like he was making friends. Sure, they were eventually going to be rivals, but that didn't mean he couldn't have fun with them.

The training was going very well. Y/N was placed in defence with Chigiri, who had refused to tell everyone his weapon. Iemon stayed in goal, and the other 8 members of the team would plan to rotate positions as the game went on.

It was a plan made by Kuon. Everyone who wanted a chance would have a few minutes as the centre-forward, in order to show off their weapon. It would be a good, balanced plan that helped show off everyone's individual talents.

It wasn't that complicated either. Mostly, they just ran simple coordination and passing drills, as well as trying to find ways where people's individual skills could shine.

For example, Kunigami's shot power and physique was great for close quarters brawling and mid-range shots, but he needed long passes for him to get into those situations.

Bachira's dribbling was perfect for breaking enemy lines, but it also took huge effort to get through a little distance. It would need lots of passing options for when he tired, both in front and behind.

And on top of the training, Y/N would often visit both the gym and the cafeteria - the former for keeping fit, the latter for trying to meet as many new people as possible.

After a long workout session, with Y/N's legs aching, he wandered down the hall into the cafeteria. He could usually find at least one team here, as while some teams trained and others discussed strategy, a team would probably be eating lunch or dinner.

Right now, it was dinnertime. Team Z was all in the dorm room, discussing and refining their strategies, but Y/N never showed up to those meetings so he was free.

Sure, it pissed a lot of people off that Y/N didn't seem to take it seriously, but after the first two days of trying to get him to join in, they'd given up and just let him do whatever. They had the game against Team Y tomorrow afternoon - they couldn't waste time trying to catch Y/N.

Sighing happily, Y/N walked through the cafeteria doors, eyes brightening with surprise. There were two teams currently eating in the cafeteria, both on their separate seating sections.

A few eyes turned to him, probably wondering why he wasn't with the rest of his team, but Y/N ignored them, his own gaze flitting across the room.

That boy with bangs is over there... Niko, right? I gave him some steak, didn't I. Y/N looked over at the other team. Is that Nagi and Reo?!

He hastily headed over to his classmates, nodding in confirmation as he noticed the white-haired boy's familiar slumped posture. "Hey, Reo! Nagi!"

Reo's head immediately turned, spotting Y/N. He raised an arm, beckoning him over as he leant back to grab a chair for him. "Y/N?! What are you doing here?"

He sounded happy enough to see him, and Y/N grinned widely as he sat down between Reo and Nagi. "I'm in Team Z, and I couldn't be bothered to talk strategy so now I'm here."

"Well, it's nice to see you." Reo gestured at the food in front of him. Nagi didn't have a single piece of food in front of him, but Reo had two full trays. "Want anything?"

Y/N's mouth fell open. "You get two portions of everything?"

"No, of course not." Looking past Y/N at Nagi, who was peacefully sleeping forehead down on the table, Reo laughed. "Nagi's dish is king crab, and I've got Tonkatsu ramen as well as a bunch of European sliced meats and cheese."