30. The Genius...

"Y/N L/N. You have a visitor."

From where he was lying on the bed, Y/N raised his head, looking questioningly at the door. Bachira shifted next to him, also looking up to where Aryu stood in the entrance to their shared dorm room. "Hmm?"

They'd been living together for a few days. More and more people were making it past the three vs three stage, and there were three other teams all waiting in the four vs four stage. But nobody wanted to play them, as much as Bachira and Y/N begged them. The Top Three were considered too good to play against.

Y/N and Bachira had been resting on one of the beds, playing rock paper scissors. Aryu sighed dramatically. "A. Visitor. Has. Come. To. See. You." The incredibly tall boy stepped to one side, revealing the red-haired lady that had helped Y/N with his leg injury.

"Oh, hey!" Y/N beamed at the newcomer, looking innocent as a bunny as he hopped off the bed. "Anri... right?"

"Yes, Y/N." The woman smiled warmly at him, beckoning him out of the room. Y/N gave Bachira a reassuring look, mouthing that he would be right back, before following Anri out. Aryu watched them both go with a stoic gaze, shutting the door behind them.

He tapped Anri's shoulder, tilting his head curiously. "What did you want?"

"Oh, I'm not the visitor." Anri explained. "There's two very important men, and normally, we wouldn't allow external visitors in Bluelock, but we didn't really have a choice when it came to these guys."

"I see..." Y/N sighed softly. "Who are they?"

"You'll find out soon enough." Anri's voice wasn't excited like her words should've been. Was she nervous? Y/N couldn't really tell, an uneasy feeling twisting in his stomach. "Anyways... How's your leg?"

They walked through the corridors, drawing a few curious looks from a passing team of four players. Y/N gave them a small smile as he passed, thinking of his response. "It's normal, but whenever something brushes or touches it, it tingles weirdly."

Anri clicked her tongue. "That should clear up over time. It's just your body getting used to the graft."

"Sounds good."

They headed through a set of doors that Y/N hadn't been through before, into a bare-bones, concrete room. Harsh lights shone from up above, bathing the entire thing in a white glow, and there was nothing in the room except three chairs, and a metal table.

The far wall was a sheet of blackened glass, and Y/N pointed at it. "Is this an interrogation room?" Two of the three chairs were on one side of the table, occupied, and the third empty one was facing them. A camera hung in the corner of the room, and the table had a small microphone attached to it.

It looks like those torture rooms they have in movies... Y/N nervously thought to himself. Like those two guys are interrogators. Both people wore hoods, heads bent low so he couldn't tell at all who they were.

Anri laughed awkwardly. "It's just a sheet of one-way glass. The two visitors are there. You can have a conversation with them." She sort of pushed him inside, smiling apologetically before shutting the door behind him.

As soon as the door shut, one of the two visitors leant back in the chair, arms raised above their head as they stretched. "Is all this secrecy really necessary?" It was a man's voice, low and quiet, and Y/N watched as the man drew back his hood. The other person stayed still.

Y/N was met with a mess of magenta hair, dull teal eyes, and weirdly long bottom eyelashes. The man stared at him. "Are you just going to stand there? Take a seat."