7. Welcome to Bluelock!

"Gahh!" The noises of feet stomping on the ground filled the room, as well as a deafening crash.

Y/N watched as Igaguri picked himself off the floor next to the treadmill, having just been thrown off. The monk had put the speed up way too high, and the result was him rubbing his behind while lying on the ground.

Skipping over to him, Y/N erupted in laughter, his face scrunching up as he giggled at Igaguri's annoyed expression. "Bit slow, aren't you?"

The rest of the room filled with quiet, barely concealed snickers. Everyone had been pushing themselves hard for a few hours, running through a seemingly endless gauntlet of tests. Well, everyone except Y/N, who purposefully slacked off to get average scores in everything.

Stamina? He'd allowed himself to slow down after just a few minutes of full sprinting, barely better than Igaguri.

Jumping? Y/N had forced himself to jump from a standing position, barely able to gain any height.

Lifting weights? Compared to professionals, Y/N wasn't that strong in the upper body department. He still had to hold himself back, though.

So, while everyone else was absolutely worn out by the intense physical tests, Y/N was still being the happy bunny rabbit from before, skipping circles around the rest of Team Z as they gathered up into a group.

It was getting late, though. Y/N had eaten a few snacks on the coach to Bluelock, but after a few hours of training, the clock on the wall read 10:30pm. Way later than I expected, but I guess we did get here quite late...

Once they were allowed to leave the testing room, and had all gotten changed into much more comfortable, soft pyjamas, all eleven boys followed the sign to the cafeteria. Y/N walked happily out in front as he took in everything with wide eyes.

"Bluelock is like a maze..." He murmured, glancing at a wall map as he went past. "Five buildings, so many floors... so many rooms, and they're all so cramped."

"Yep!" A sudden voice came from right behind Y/N as Bachira draped himself over Y/N's shoulders, smiling. "It'll be fun to explore sometime!"

"Definitely."

The two of them walked on in front, and even though Bachira carried the scent of soap from the showers, Y/N didn't complain. They joked with each other, with matching grins as they headed up to a serving hatch.

Y/N picked up a tray of rice and miso soup, as well as a spoon. He passed the tray to a waiting Bachira, taking a second for himself. The two headed to a second hatch, scanning their ranking cards on the side of their Bluelock uniform.

A beep, then a second later Y/N had a small rectangular plate to add to his tray. It was a few yakitori skewers, lightly seasoned with sesame seeds and some sticky sauce.

Sure, it wasn't as good as some of the stuff he'd seen other players getting, like a steak, or sashimi, but he fervently thanked whoever set up this meal system. The rest of Team Z was lining up to get their meals, and Y/N shuddered as Isagi and Igaguri both respectively revealed natto and pickled radishes.

Each team had their own seating section, a letter Z engraved on Y/N's table as he sat down with the rest of team Z. All the other teams seemed to already be there, the noise of cutlery on bowls and talking filling the air.

It was a casual atmosphere, for the most part. There were enough tables that none of the teams needed to sit near each other, but Y/N watched as a few players threw suspicious glances at each other from the tables.

"Yakitori?" Chigiri sat down next to Y/N, his pink hair held back by a hairband. Everyone else on Team Z sat on the same table, holding small bits of conversation between them. They were just strangers, though, so to Y/N, they didn't feel like a team at all.