11. Terrifying The King

Y/N gaped at the steak in front of him. It was medium rare, cooked to perfection with a stunning brown crust. He sliced into it with a special steak knife, practically drooling at how good it looked.

The top was garnished with what looked to be fresh herbs, and a lump of garlic butter was slowly melting on the hot surface of the steak. A few pieces of roasted potato, carrots, and asparagus sat alongside the meat, all of it inside a sizzling metal plate.

"How did you even get something like this?!" Y/N looked pleadingly at the annoyed Barou, who was sitting across the table from him. "Tell me, please!"

"Up there, donkey." He pointed at one of the columns in the cafeteria, where a huge sign showed off a 'Goal Bonus' list. Y/N's eyes ran down the list, and internally he was cursing himself for trying to stay unknown.

I assume this is the one goal steak... I can get my phone back? A decent bed? I can even leave Bluelock for a day? He knew he wouldn't score those goals unless he needed to, though. Now's not the time to show myself off.

"Whoa..." Y/N breathed out. "So how many more goals do you have to spend?"

"After this steak, three." Barou replied shortly, leaning both elbows on the table. He clasped his hands together, staring down Y/N.

Not concerned at all by the predatory gaze, Y/N took a bite of the steak, a moan escaping his lips at how delicious it was. "Have you eaten this yet?"

"No."

Y/N pushed the steak over to Barou, alongside a metal fork. "Here, you have some. It's only fair, you bought it for me."

"I bought it because you said you'd only stay if I gave you food." Barou growled out, shoving the plate back to Y/N.

Y/N tilted his head innocently, waving the fork around as he pulled the steak closer to him again. "Well, more for me."

"I don't have time for your games!" Another team was walking into the cafeteria for lunch, all of them looking disheartened. In the front, Y/N spotted a slim boy with hair all the way down to his eyes, and a slightly taller kid with a blond strip of hair down the centre of his head.

They all sort of stared at Y/N and Barou as they walked to pick up food, but neither of the two boys cared.

Taking another bite of Barou's steak, Y/N shrugged. "You asked me to talk. What did you want to talk about?"

"Who are you?"

"Y/N L/N." He answered, pointing at the player tag on his arm. "Are you blind?"

Barou growled - actually growled - and sat back in his chair. "In the match, what did you do to me?"

"I tried to tackle you." Y/N stabbed his fork through a piece of potato, popping it into his mouth.

"No, that-"

"OH MY GOD!" Y/N cut Barou off with a loud shout that echoed through the cafeteria.

The entire team that had just gotten their food stared at Y/N as he raised a hand to Barou, gesturing to the steak. "You have to try this, it's soooo good!"

The small boy with bangs stood up, heading over to Y/N and Barou with a tray of food in his hands. Upon seeing Barou's furious glare, he wisely spoke to Y/N first. "Can you please keep it down? We're trying to eat."

His voice was soft and quiet, and Y/N grinned up at him, happy he'd met someone new. "Here, try this."

He cut a large chunk of the steak off, and without hesitation dropped it into the slender boy's bowl of rice. A piece of asparagus followed. "It's really good!"