9. Team X

After Y/N had cleaned up, eaten a quick meal, and changed into his Bluelock uniform, he was fully awake.

The uniform seemed to fit him a lot better than it had on the first day - maybe it had been altered while he was sleeping, but it clung to him like a second skin, allowing him to move completely freely. On top of that, all of them wore a blue vest over it with a Z stamped on the back.

"So, who are we up against?"

Team Z was walking through a dimly lit corridor, made of the same monotone grey material as the rest of the building was. It was quite cramped, with everyone walking together, and they walked in mostly twos and threes.

Y/N was up at the front of the group, but paused, putting his back to the wall and counting off every player in his head as they went past.

Iemon - A nice enough guy, seems quite calm. Offered to play goalie, so he's automatically cool.

Naruhaya - Quite annoying actually, but at least he doesn't annoy me. He mostly goes for Gagamaru.

Kuon - Very calm, seems to notice everything around him. Maybe a good friend to have.

Igarashi - How the hell did he get into Bluelock?

Raichi - I'm pissed that he woke me up by trying to shake me to death. Screams a lot.

Gagamaru - Doesn't talk much, but I think he's gentle. Kind of like a caveman...

Chigiri - Even though the first time we met was on the coach, it's like I've known him for a while. He's been really kind to me, and also the veggies I traded with him were tasty.

Kunigami - I think he's mad at me for shooting at him in the tag game. But I think other than that, he's a nice guy.

Bachira - Probably my second best friend here behind Chigiri. He's a bit strange, but he's really fun to mess around with.

Isagi - He's probably the shyest person here. But he's friends with Bachira and Chigiri, so he can't be too bad.

Bachira stood by him, watching the other players go past. "We're playing Team X. But it looks like we're here first..."

He smiled at Y/N. "I'm happy I get to play with you! I bet you're going to score a hat-trick in the first half." He sounded completely sincere, and Y/N just grinned back.

"Don't get your hopes up!" He chirped. "Besides, if you score a hat-trick then I won't need to."

Bachira tossed a casual arm around Y/N's waist, and with the smaller boy leaning into the bumblebee, they headed out onto the pitch. Everyone else was doing stretches, throwing glances at the tunnel on the other side of the pitch.

It was completely boxed in. The ceiling was extremely high up, and floodlights from every corner of the room lit up the field. The goals were already set up, and the field looked like it was astroturf instead of grass, which made sense considering the indoor soccer boots they all wore.

A few of Team Z looked at them strangely, as Y/N's laughter rang out loudly. Bachira had tickled his side, causing Y/N to squirm in his arms uncontrollably.

He broke away, trying to escape Bachira, but he was caught as Bachira tickled under Y/N's arms, laughing alongside the smaller boy as the pair collapsed to the ground. Y/N couldn't stop giggling, drawing his knees up to his chest and rolling as Bachira attacked him.

When Bachira had stopped, Y/N looked up at him from where he lay on the floor with slightly teary eyes from laughing so much. "What was that for?!"

Bachira just smiled. "It's always good to laugh before a game. If we laugh and have fun, we'll win."