Farewell, My neverland

"Good morning."

Soobin stirs awake, his eyes refusing to open. He feels a weight on his lap. Looking down, he sees Kai sound asleep on his legs, breathing softly.

So, they ended up passing out on the couch? The last thing he remembers is Him and Kai playing the association game, and suddenly he felt drowsy, so he rested his eyes for a few seconds. The coolness of Kai's presence felt so nice and dowsing that he couldn't help feeling a little sleepy.

A pair of arms wrap around him loosely. "Did you have trouble falling asleep?"

He turns around, meeting eyes with Yeonjun. "Just did a normal check-up." He doesn't want to worry the older. "Kai was having nightmares, so we talked for most of the night." he explains as he pats Kai's dark hair. Feeling a bit sorry for using Kai to avoid telling Yeonjun about his own insomnia.

Yeonjun hums, a troubled expression adorns his face. "I thought those stopped a while ago." his voice hushed as to not wake up the sleeping boy.

Soobin shrugs. "It comes and goes; it'll take a long time for it to be completely gone."

"Maybe sleeping pills are a good idea." Yeonjun suggests. Heading to the kitchen to prepare a kettle for the coffee pot.

"I don't know if I want to put him on pills. But it's his decision."

"Why not?"

"that's just treating the symptoms. He should learn how to treat the source. Otherwise, he would rely on pills without ever healing."

Yeonjun sighs. "I guess so." he reluctantly replies. Of course, Soobin's right, he always is. That doesn't mean part of him doesn't want to just give Kai the easier alternative, just once make the boy's life lighter than it is now.

"What time is it?" Soobin rubs his eyes, getting up slowly while cradling Kai head and carefully lifts it so he can stand up. He reaches his hand for a pillow and puts that under Kai's head as a replacement.

"10-ish." Yeonjun replies.

Soobin yawns. Waddling towards his husband and hugs his from the back, peppering small kisses on his neck. "I'm tired.' he whines.

"I'm holding a boiling hot kettle, careful." Yeonjun warns, ticklish from the light kisses. "I'm serious, I'm not afraid to throw this water on you, Bin." He warns once again when Soobin bites the skin on his far back jawline.

"It's all bark no bite with you." Soobin teases.

The back door to the garden opens.

"you guys make me sick." Hiyyih walks into the kitchen with the same clothes from last night.

"Were you on those damn swings all night?"

She nods, bringing her hand back to cover her yawn. "Haven't gotten anything yet, but I'm optimistic."

Beomgyu walks in the living room, his face buried deep in his phone, scrolling with a crinkled forehead. "you're like, the last person I'd associate with the word optimistic." he mumbles as he enters the kitchen, engorged in whatever he's reading.

Yeonjun notices the odd behavior from the younger. "Is everything okay, Beom?"

He looks up, his eyes immediately going to Soobin. He hums hesitantly. "uhh... "

Soobin's eyes harden. "What is it?"

Beomgyu grips the phone, moving his weight from one leg to another, nervous. "there's an article about you, it'll be on worldwide news this evening."